2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,263 Posts
Dear Ann Arbor drivers

You all suck at driving.
K thanks.
oh and if you have to wait 2 cycles at a light you won't die.

·
IS IT JEEPIN TIME
711 Posts
I say BULLSHIT... Like a fatboy likes cake I like the sounds, smells, and that feeling from a real motor just about to hit its RPM limit...... I am a skeptic:D

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I can't wait until battery technology finally comes about.

Fuck the green aspect. I can't wait to see what it feels like to drive a 1:1 version of a brushless RC car. :sonicjay: :woot:

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
That's a nice sale pitch type article that must have been written by a hippie.
x2

it may work as a luxury car for those living in the coastal city areas, but here in the midwest a $50k to $120k car that can't even make a day trip from detroit to cincy isn't going to be very competitive.

granola scarfing, long haired, tree-hugging, shower-avoiding, whale-wars-watchers don't spend that kind of coin on transportation.

hell, the chevy volt won't even leave you stranded and it isn't making the sales needed to be viable...

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
However, this small little startup company, showed GM, Ford and Chrysler how to do it today.
you don't have a clue about the history and financial situation of Tesla, do you?

·
Supreme Chancelor!
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Popular opinion does not care about about bricked batteries.

You will see rappers, actors and Pres Obama driving these to play it all up.

You will not see al Gore in one.

·
Keep on truckin
5,937 Posts
tesla is over priced. they clearly aren't catering to the normal working folks who would benefit from a car such as that. I like this guys home built car. i admit the guy is pretty self centered, and smug, but his home brew car runs sub 11 seconds in the quarter. in a more recent video he broke into the 10's.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I think they are pretty sweet. Seriously, if a few hundred mile range on a daily basis is what people drive, then they need to move. I could go 2 weeks on that sorta mileage and I drive everywhere.

Sent from my MB525 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
I think they are pretty sweet. Seriously, if a few hundred mile range on a daily basis is what people drive, then they need to move. I could go 2 weeks on that sorta mileage and I drive everywhere.

My current DD was purchased in August of last year with just under 36,000 miles on it.

It rolled through 57,000 miles yesterday. While I do have a decent length commute, rest assured a goodly chunk of that accumulated from driving to other places.

Both sides of our family are flung through this nation - so too are weekend day trip mini-vacations, baseball tournaments, karate tournaments, etc., etc. The range on that thing wouldn't even get us from home to Cincy. It would get us to Cedar Point, and then leave us with the mercy of charging rates at some vacation spot else not being able to get home...

and not everyone wants to live where they work. I personally can't stand the concentration of people in the southern half of Oakland County, there's just too damned many people

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Oh, electric cars are not for everyone that's for sure. But I think for the vast majority of urban commuters it would be a boon. Coupled with an actual, effective rail system for city to city trips, it would be great.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts