Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Just The Spouse's spouse
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Husky 110Volt 5hp 26gal. about 5-6 yrs old.
electric motor runs smooth without the belt on.
With belt on, it turns over 4-6 times and then blows a 20 amp circuit breaker. It ran fine for a long time. The compressor turns freely by hand. There is proper amount of oil in it. What do you guys think it could be? compressor? regulator? If anybody wants to come over & look at it, I'd appreciate it. I'm not much of a wrench. Any advice would help. I'd hate to scrap it. TIA -Chris:confused:

·
Adrenaline my drug choice
1,045 Posts
try bleeding all the air out of it. if it starts and runs then the bleed off is bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i would frist check to see what kinda load the motor is running, its possible that "that" 20 amp breaker is weak and tripping at a lower amp.. try to plug it into another circut and see if the same thng happens.. bigblkYJ is connect 115 volt single phase has a start capicator but the motor would not start loaded or unloaded if that was bad..

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
If the compressor turns freely by hand i dont think that it would drag the motor down enough to kill the breaker. I would still check the capacitor. Ive seen em start still while the cap was on its way out.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
long shot, but try an outlet on a different circuit

·
The Green Machine
4,197 Posts
The capacitors fixed mine. It runs better than it has in a long time actually. If you want I can come by and we can figure out what caps yours needs, to see if its the same issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts