Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Jeep sitting over at JCR for two weeks now waiting on a lift. I ordered the lift 6 weeks ago with the expected delivery date to be 3-4 weeks. I ordered the lift from David at http://northridge4x4.com/. Do to the lift taking the 3-4 weeks David being the great guy he is upgraded my winch purchase for me for free. Northridge also has free shipping which is another plus of those guys besides just being great all around guys.

So David said that it was shipping an would be there two weeks ago and do to that I drove the LJ to JCR. Well I get a call from Brian saying that the lift hadn't arrived and to check on it. I call and David apologized profusely (sp?) that it had not gone out he was glad that I made the call since Full Traction said it had shipped. I wasn't happy about it but stuff happens and he said he would get back to me. Well Full Traction did a batch of TJ lifts and then they were done a batch of LJ lifts were being done next.

I get batch production so I was like, "okay, it happens that you got the T and L mixed up on TJ and LJ." I told him that I wasn't real happy because not it was going to be almost two more weeks and that the jeep was just a paper weight at JCR. Since then he has been on the phone with myself and Full Traction constantly and has kept me updated.

I was close to switching to a different lift but I really like the 4 link set up of the FT lift so I just said I'd stay with it now matter how long it takes.

Well . . . low and behold tonight I get a call from Steve owner of Full Traction. He just wanted to call and thank me for believing in his product and that David had nothing to do with the delay. We talked for almost 20 minutes on the phone. I was kinda blown away. How often does the head of a company call you. I heard that Steve and FT was a great guy and great company but this pretty much confirms it. I really doubt that the head of Rubicon Express or Skyjacker would have made the same call, maybe they wouldn't have had the problem but that's besides the point. Steve explained that hey were having a problem in the production of the arms and everything was being held up but didn't want to send crapy products out and I understand that completely.

So that's the story. Just thought I would share.

I guess to top the cake on this story he asked why I was from OH and it was being done in MI at JCR instead of a local shop in Southern OH. I told them that JCR was AWESOME and I go out of my way to help the local guy even though their works speaks for itself. (Figured I would give JCR a plug since they still have to put the lift on . . . and want them to do it right :sonicjay: )

. . . . but I digress. . . . after mentioning MI, Steve then said well you must be on GL4x4 all the time. It seems like that is a pretty great site. Well, there you go fellow GL4x4 members. Steve of Full Traction approves so keep it up :woot:

and to Brian and the rest of JCR. It should (fingers crossed) be there this week. I'll give you guys a call on monday and hope you have a great weekend

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
Good story. Delays suck more than anything - but when you got a lot of good people supporting you, it makes it easier.

Most companies run like pussies when you have a problem with them and point fingers at everyone BUT themselves. Good to hear they stand by their products.

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
Sounds good, we all know customer service is #1 and everything else is just bullshit and excuses.

If they come through like they say they will even when faced with a problem that speaks volumes.

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
So you are happy that someone called you and told you that you still weren't getting your shit? Sounds like just more bullshit excuses to me.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,183 Posts
I sent a tech question email to full traction. Never got a reply. Why do they even have the link if they won't reply?????

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
I would rape Dave and Steve, in that order. I'd be real slow about it though, because it would have to be a quality raping, I hold quality in high regard. I'd even call them both the next day and talk real sweet to them for 20 minutes or so.

Then I'd go back and rape them again.

·
No Money = No Fun
7,897 Posts
Sounds like a little ass kissing so you don't tell everyone not to order anything from them again and hurt their sales.

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So you are happy that someone called you and told you that you still weren't getting your shit? Sounds like just more bullshit excuses to me.
for some reason I think that you had a bad life as a child.

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
for some reason I think that you had a bad life as a child.
See he is an unhappy person in general, then as a teacher he gets the summers off, when that happens he turns into a real douchebag and gets a little annoying. Just wait til winter when he is working again and all will be good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts