Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I feel retarded but some thing is not making sense .

rules read
non vented gas cap
roll over valve

so right know I have a outlet line and a return line on the cell thats it ,and what appears to be a vented cap.

Roll over valve ? would this go in line with return line or on a axillary vent ?

this is a fuel injected motor

Jeff

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
roll over valve goes on the vent, the valve actually sitsin the tank usually

·
AAA GOLD ROCKS!!!!!
8,512 Posts
The roll over valve is the vent. It's a one way valve. If you're on your lid it'll close and not let fuel leak out of the vent.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
The roll over valve is the vent. It's a one way valve. If you're on your lid it'll close and not let fuel leak out of the vent.
yes, but when you're right-side up, the valve is open, ie air can get out and rain water, etc can get it, which is why you put a small filter on it (like a valve cover filter)

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, but when you're right-side up, the valve is open, ie air can get out and rain water, etc can get it, which is why you put a small filter on it (like a valve cover filter)
yep thats what I found ,I made a loop and I will put a small filter on it .

Kinda like a sink trap but different.

Thanks Jeff

And I have the roll over valve ,and know its function .The parts store gave me 2 roll overs one was 5/16 and a 1'' long (inline),the other was a standard fuel cell roll over valve.He made it sound like I had to put one on the return line as well .Thats were I started to corn fused.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
He made it sound like I had to put one on the return line as well .Thats were I started to corn fused.
I've never heard of that....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts