Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
if its jap its crap
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok alot of you know me as mike with the 04 wrangler that i beat the shit out of well it came back to haunt me i had my buddy toe me all the way home from the mouds it took 3 hours fuck ok when i put the clutch all the way down it grings with out trying to put it in to gear? and also when it is started i can put it in to any gear with out the clutch but it won go any whear i need help guys help a fellow jeeper i think its my presser plate and clutch PS> the bastards that sold me the warrentie with the car arent covering it :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Not unusual for dealerships (Chrysler) to renig on a warranty. Definatly sounds like pressure plate but more specifically the throwout bearing.

Check the fluids too.

·
if its jap its crap
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i will check the fluids and yea Chrysler dosent like to cover warranty items lol i have found do you think it is as simple as that the fucking car only has 39k on it dammit

·
Geocache Addict
1,462 Posts
Could be your clutch master cylinder is not engaging the throwout bearing. Is the clutch pedal really spongy? You should be able to feel if it is working. Check the clutch master cylinder fluid level. If it doesn't work it will grind when you try to put it in gear, like you said. I just replaced mine because it started hemmoraging fluid and would eventually go away. Some fluid and pumping the clutch pedal brought it back to life until I got home from vacation to replace it. Now all is well.

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
Hopefully it is just the throughout bearing......I was not so lucky.

If it is a clutch, I still have my OEM clutch/pressure plate. You are more then welcome to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts