Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Tivo Series2 single tuner DVR. It comes with a wireless network adapter, original box, & remote. I think it has a 40gb HD in it. Make me an offer.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Oh yeah.
Uhhh $20???
Located in Sebewaing but I'll ship if ya want. Whatever you want...just want to get rid of it. I don't want it sitting in a landfill somewhere.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
It is a stand alone box. My subscription just expired and I canceled the service.

Here are their prices.
https://www3.tivo.com/store/plans.do

3 years for $299, which is $8.31/month.
Hmm...alright, I'll see what I have for money after I pay for the Pig Gig and gas on friday. This sounds like a good gift for my Ma...hopefully she'll stop making me tape her shows for her this way.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm...alright, I'll see what I have for money after I pay for the Pig Gig and gas on friday. This sounds like a good gift for my Ma...hopefully she'll stop making me tape her shows for her this way.
Tivo is pretty cool. You can do a lot of things with it.
It comes with a network adapter, so you can connect it to a wireless network. It downloads programming via the net, and you can share out images/mp3's from a computer and access it through Tivo.

You can rent movies from amazon.com through the Tivo, which I didn't know until after I canceled. :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

You can also install Tivo Desktop on a computer and download movies/shows that were recorded on the Tivo to the computer.

Here's some more info:
http://www.tivo.com/whatistivo/tivoadvantage/index.html

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh...and to use the Tivo...you have to have a paid subscription.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Oh...and to use the Tivo...you have to have a paid subscription.
I figured as much...I just asked cause I thought they owned the box itself, kinda like the cable company does. 'Course, I shoulda realized they would also sell them, since thats what Comcast did with my cable modem.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Tivo is the best thing ever. I can't imagine not having one. The only thing it will let you do without a subscription is pause live tv for up to 30 minutes. You can't record, and you won't have any program information unless you subscribe. This is well worth $20 if it works properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts