Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
N8KVB
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good way to unstick a stuck distributor shaft. I have a '78 Bronco with a 351m, galvantic corrosion has siezed up the shaft. I've tried penetrating oil, a pair of channel locks, etc. The only thing i havent tried yet is getting out the torch and heating up the block.

Thanks.

...yes i did loosen the hold down screw!

·
Countryboy
1,599 Posts
replace said distributor. I think I might have one in the shop. I will check tomorrow for you if I don't I can get you a good 351 M distributor this weekend.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,017 Posts
replace said distributor. I think I might have one in the shop. I will check tomorrow for you if I don't I can get you a good 351 M distributor this weekend.
You got a new block for him too?

·
Balls Deep
4,558 Posts
is the shaft stuck, or the whole housing in the block (pretty common on 351m)? ive gotten a couple of them free by chiseling a small V out of the flange (where it meets the block) then using a punch or drift try to spin the housing. i havent tried to use a air hammer, it might work well too.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
I have quite a few 351M parts let me know if you need anything. I am going to run the 302 in my 76 for now and then probably a 460 next year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts