Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
maxin out the 30
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i still hav short arms on my xj and cant decide on what i want to do. 3-link, 4-link, and radious arms. I kno this is realy a touchy subject to some, but i iwould like to know what you guys hav learned from your experiences with each.

let the fun begin

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,781 Posts
I'm more inclined to go for a 4 link or radius arm setup. You break one of the links on a 3 link setup, you're done till you fix it. If you break a 4 link or a radius arm you still have a chance to limp it to the trailer to fix it and break it another day.

·
589 Fabrication
3,548 Posts
It depends on how much work you want to do. On a cherokee with stock axles and 33-35" tire then you will be just fine with a y-link style suspension. Its cheaper and easier to build then a 3 or 4 link. 3 and 4 links are hard to crame in the limited space on a cherokee, but it is doable. Depending on what size tires and what axles your running id say you will be just fine with the traditional y-link style. these setups flex very well for a multi-purpose rig.

·
No Money = No Fun
7,898 Posts
It depends on how much work you want to do. On a cherokee with stock axles and 33-35" tire then you will be just fine with a y-link style suspension. Its cheaper and easier to build then a 3 or 4 link. 3 and 4 links are hard to crame in the limited space on a cherokee, but it is doable. Depending on what size tires and what axles your running id say you will be just fine with the traditional y-link style. these setups flex very well for a multi-purpose rig.
x2

I loved mine when I had it.

·
maxin out the 30
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well bds long arm all the way. This kit went together awsome and rides awsome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts