Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added some lift this past weekend, also changed axle out to a lp (I know bad idea, it was a combo deal with all the stuff in it I needed))of course my front drive shaft is short!!! Are there other Jeep front drive shafts that are longer that would be a direct bolt in (YJ,TJ,WJ)??

edit:Looks like I need with 33.5" at ride height.

Let me know if there is any info out there or a inexpensive place to get a drive shaft lengthened.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Measure your rig and figure out what the shortest length you need is. You need to make sure than the shaft can compress enough to accomodate this. The slip joint will take care of the rest. Some of the ZJ shafts are over 30". They look like a good match,
I have never used a ZJ shaft however and would want to make sure that it it will mate up to your transfercase. I am unfamiliar with the full-time cases that came in ZJs. I think there was an option other than the 242.

Some explorer front shafts used the same U-joints as XJ's and are a direct bolt as well.

·
West side trail junkie !!
215 Posts
Let me know if there is any info out there or a inexpensive place to get a drive shaft lengthened.
It will definately be cheaper and easier to shorten a shaft than lengthen one.
I have a fresh re-manufactured non-CV front shaft w/ spicer 1310 joints that is 38.5" center to center. Never installed, kept in toolbox for spare. PM me if your interested. This could easily be shortened to your desired length.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts