1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

HAXOPKVykZ8&NR=1

Stattama ST4 Cam
Stage 3 Ported heads
Stattama Turbo kit (Turbonetics 62-1, A/A IC, etc)

Thats the main shit. Sees about 18-20 psi. He put down 483 on a Mustang dyno at 20 psi. They want to go higher with the boost.

from this other board, sounds like it's an '03 LS model... and they plan on being at the WDC doing their share of smokey hole shots (altho is that really done anymore what with all the congestion down there?)

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,619 Posts
Is this from an impala board? I am looking for some info for my wifes 03 impala ls. I have not seen any good places??

Current problem is wipers, I think the cicuit board is bad, but would like to confirm somewhare. They (the wipers) do not stop in the right spot, or keep going etc...

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is this from an impala board? I am looking for some info for my wifes 03 impala ls. I have not seen any good places??

Current problem is wipers, I think the cicuit board is bad, but would like to confirm somewhare. They (the wipers) do not stop in the right spot, or keep going etc...
I found it at www.off-topic.net in the main forum in a postwhore thread regarding a meet at the wDC. The guy that posted it is a 3800 series motor fanatic more so than an impala fan.

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
I'll still take the Viper. It's like the Caravan that beat the Camaro. :tonka: I'd still rather have the Camaro.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
With Impalas now having 5.3s, you could build a pretty healthy motor in them... You could easily have 500 hp with a blower and some LS6 goodies..

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Or course, if the new impala ever gets off program-hold, it'll be a whole new game, anyway ;)

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With Impalas now having 5.3s, you could build a pretty healthy motor in them... You could easily have 500 hp with a blower and some LS6 goodies..
sounds like it's pretty feasible with the 3800 too o_O

I have heard people rave about how stout the 3800 is, but I guess I was thinking more about its longevity than it's ability to not grenade itself under decent amounts of boost.

·
SlowBalt SS
2,493 Posts
Ya some 3.8's come with the M62 Eaton supercharger which is an OK setup. Theres some cars down here(impala's) running high 13's. There still a pretty heavy car but the new 5.3L Vortech is just insane.. 305hp stock, Which any power adder could Easily hit 450hp.. then get some valve train work or pistons and could be close to the 500-550 mark..

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya some 3.8's come with the M62 Eaton supercharger which is an OK setup. Theres some cars down here(impala's) running high 13's. There still a pretty heavy car but the new 5.3L Vortech is just insane.. 305hp stock, Which any power adder could Easily hit 450hp.. then get some valve train work or pistons and could be close to the 500-550 mark..
I'm not certain that the car above is only sporting the cam/headwork and turbo kit, but that's what they claim, and dyno-ing 483.

Now, I'm not fawning all over it, but it's pretty damned impressive.

Supposedly their first work on the car, no head work, no cam got them into the 12's just using the turbo kit. I am obviously intrigued.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Yeah, still rather have the Viper. Full warranty, and a much better panty dropper...

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, still rather have the Viper. Full warranty, and a much better panty dropper...
guess I have reached the point in life, that even if I were single, I am honestly not interested in young ladies that drop their panties over a car...

*shrug*

there's a neighbor a few doors down - honestly not sure if the car is his, or works', but I live in a sub compromised of low 200k range homes, and he's been tooling around in a brand new viper convertible for the past couple of weeks...

it's neat and all, but hard for me to see the point unless one has just tons of throwaway money.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Dodn't get me wrong, I won't ever spend the coin on one unless it was a used GTS for under $30K- just not worth it.

My '70 Challenger was faster, and when my '64 Polara gets done it will beat a Viper as well. Neither will be over $10K total, and neither will be a chick magnet. But the Impala would end up costing close enough to a Viper in cost and time spent working on it that I would just rather have a Viper to begin with if you held a gun to my head and made me chose.

I'm actually waiting for the new Challenger to come out- it may be only my second new vehicle out of over 50 I have owned. (The '02 TJ was my first)

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dodn't get me wrong, I won't ever spend the coin on one unless it was a used GTS for under $30K- just not worth it.

My '70 Challenger was faster, and when my '64 Polara gets done it will beat a Viper as well. Neither will be over $10K total, and neither will be a chick magnet. But the Impala would end up costing close enough to a Viper in cost and time spent working on it that I would just rather have a Viper to begin with if you held a gun to my head and made me chose.

I'm actually waiting for the new Challenger to come out- it may be only my second new vehicle out of over 50 I have owned. (The '02 TJ was my first)
I understand what you are saying, but I wouldn't think that an '03 Impala LS + turbo kit, headwork and a cam would be even in the same ballpark as even a used viper GTS.

I do confess to being somewhat naive over the cost of that kit quoted above however. We all know that "tuners" such as lingefelter, and that crook hennessy grossly over charge for installed work, I had the impression that the impala featured was set up pretty affordable all things considered.

if someone held a gun to my head, either I'd be dead, or they would :thumb: (probably me :( )

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Yeah, I have reached the point in my life that I don't want to be tearing apart a new(er) car to do that amount of work to it. Jeeps are easy, but I hate to get into the engine compartment of that new stuff. Then there is the issue of tranny/transaxle strength, paying 5 figures for something I am going to pull apart, etc. Working on late model stuff has lost its appeal to me, and my aggravation is worth about double what I make in real life to work on one for myself (I'm a Local #134 Union Electrician, so you can probably do the math) My buddy has a Neon SRT4 with the stage3 kit on it, and it turns 12.02 with him (375lb+) in it on street tires, but he is still at over $25K, and hasn't upgraded the clutch yet. If I am going to have a toy, it will be a toy- if it is newer than 2000, I want to DD it. (still DD the TJ with 38.5 boggers on it) I have seen GTS(s) in the $30k range, albeit a bit rough around the edges that come in on trades at friends' dealerships that they work at.

Still cool to see, however.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Impala's are fast, no doubt about it. I couldn't keep up with a new one on I75 last Friday, and I've beaten a Mustang GT and a Charger RT.

·
SlowBalt SS
2,493 Posts
Im pretty sure thats a Crown Vic in the picture but im guessing its your car... And if you beat a mustang GT with that wagon you have some work done or the GT was an auto with 5 people in it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
No changes that weren't already made by the Michigan State Police. :sonicjay:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts