Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 98 tj 2.5 ax15 Had some issues with it a week ago thought I had them all resolved. Was driving great. Today on the way home from work it started to shift hard like it was not aligning then 3-4 shift let the clutch out and just engine.. I have no gears at all forward or reverse. I can put it in all the gears with the clutch "engaged" no grinding or nothing just no go. I am thinking time for a new trans? or do you think it is something simple?????

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have any thoughts? I am pulling it tomorow and was wondering if there is anything I should look for?

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
found prob!

I think this might be my problem????

Think it is still under warranty? it is only 4.5 months old?

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the clutch should have not done that unless you dropped hard it a few times . you can try taking it back and see if they will replace it.
nope not at all. That he said is like there middle of the road clutch. I will find out what they will do tomorrow if they are open?????

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Ive never seen a clutch do that. I would think that if you installed it and it did that 4 months down the road that its a defect and the auto parts/manufacture would honor the warranty. good luck in any case.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive never seen a clutch do that. I would think that if you installed it and it did that 4 months down the road that its a defect and the auto parts/manufacture would honor the warranty. good luck in any case.
Yes that is what I said and so did the clutch shop..

What brand of clutch was it?
What ever that was on there shelf? I do not know what the brand was sorry

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
parts stores are not going to reimburse for labor unless the labor was actually paid for...if its done by the customer, there was no payment, and no reciept...
X2 that is why I did not ask... They were great and took great care of me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.