Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:sonicjay::sonicjay: Comcast found this up at the pole... Said the only reason i was getting any internet or signal at all was due to the signal actually jumping the gap. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
I have had a simular problem, but with charter, they keep coming out and not replacing the line to my house....I have had 6 techs out in 3 weeks. Still have crappy internet and the HD channels are garbled.

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took em 3 days from when i called. They actually just came back with a new crew to fix the part on the pole. The multiplexer (not sure if thats what its called) that has the mains going to it then divides to the houses, had a bad port, and i had a 2 way household splitter on our port to feed the neighbors house also that i was not aware of. Basically i had 1/2 the signal i should of right off the bat.

·
Professional Space Cadet
451 Posts
That cable was exposed like that, but snapped after the fact. You would definitly not get any annalog signal let alone HD or internet over that if it was split. Those damn tree rats gnaw a lot of lines down there. Get your air rifle out and do your part :sonicjay:

·
I fix stuff!
13,804 Posts
Took em 3 days from when i called. They actually just came back with a new crew to fix the part on the pole. The multiplexer (not sure if thats what its called) that has the mains going to it then divides to the houses, had a bad port, and i had a 2 way household splitter on our port to feed the neighbors house also that i was not aware of. Basically i had 1/2 the signal i should of right off the bat.
That thing is called a Tap. I installed cable modems at one time and I used to run into squirrel damage like that all the time. Why the techs couldn't trace the problem to the tap using a signal meter is beyond me.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts

that will fix your squirrel problem.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,781 Posts
I have had a simular problem, but with charter, they keep coming out and not replacing the line to my house....I have had 6 techs out in 3 weeks. Still have crappy internet and the HD channels are garbled.
Clip it out, or drop something on it. If the wire isn't attached to the house they have to do something then. :teehee:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts