Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
I was born in the desert
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
does anyone get any kind of a discount on purchasing a new enclosed trailer?? I know its a shot in the dark but with all the people here there must be someone???? I'm looking to purchase a 17 ft. minimum and no larger than 20ft X 8.5ft enclosed car trailer.

Also if anyone has got a smokin' deal somewhere and wants to pass the info. on that wold be great too.

Thanks in advance. :naughty:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
A friend of mine was searching for the best deal he could find and ended up going to West Branch. Apparently the guy was very eager to make a deal. Try contacting Grandman, he probably knows the name of the trailer dealer there.

·
Living on the Edge
2,077 Posts
when I was working at Honda of Ohio, I ran across a little place just north of Findlay. that sold trailers very reasonable. my dad bought a 20ft and my uncle bought a 24ft.

they are both very frugle with their money.

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
A friend of mine was searching for the best deal he could find and ended up going to West Branch. Apparently the guy was very eager to make a deal. Try contacting Grandman, he probably knows the name of the trailer dealer there.
West branch tank and trailer . 989 345 7450 ask for steve .

They are not known for big deals how ever .

42,948 Posts
I know where theres a enclosed loaded wells cargo trailer for sale. PM me if interested.

5-6 years old, 1000 miles or so.

stored inside. the owner wants to sell

It was used a couple times to transport a f-40.

·
I was born in the desert
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking a a new one because most individuals don't take Visa and I have a 0% interest rate card I'm going to use for the purchase.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Along the same lines, i'm trying to find a decent short flatbed trailer. Having a hard time close to me. Although I saw a ton on the way home from Traverse.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,457 Posts
Both Ironman and I bought ours thru John's trailer sales in Toledo. Sorry, don't have the number off hand. It was the best deal we could find. We also drove to the factory in Indiana to save a $300 delivery charge.

We both bought 20 footers. I wouldn't recommend anything less for a jeep.

·
I got a gold chain
16,445 Posts
Both Ironman and I bought ours thru John's trailer sales in Toledo. Sorry, don't have the number off hand. It was the best deal we could find. We also drove to the factory in Indiana to save a $300 delivery charge.

We both bought 20 footers. I wouldn't recommend anything less for a jeep.
?? I have an 18ft dove tail the works great as far as length.
But I would never buy another dove tail, the back drags all the time.
I'm going to try putting new springs on it to try and lift it a little.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
I would've thought a 12-15 foot would be sufficient. Also, what are your thoughts on the open center vs full flatbeds? I'm trying to keep the overall weight down as much as possible.

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
Whiterhino is referring to a 20' enclosed trailer for Jeeps. Not a flatbed.

·
I got a gold chain
16,445 Posts
I would've thought a 12-15 foot would be sufficient. Also, what are your thoughts on the open center vs full flatbeds? I'm trying to keep the overall weight down as much as possible.
Personally, I would never consider an open bed.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,457 Posts
Whiterhino is referring to a 20' enclosed trailer for Jeeps. Not a flatbed.
Right.......... enclosed.

I first considered an 18 footer but when measuring the overall length of a jeep with spare on the back and stinger, you are close to 15-16 feet. I have a 2 foot workbench across the front of the trailer. That leaves 2-3 feet to get into the trailer.

Now........ you want to be able to get into the tools, spare tire, etc without having to unload the jeep. Plus, add another set of tires, bikes, etc & it makes for great convenience.

Also, we have loaded up before in pouring rain after a muddy day. Sure is nice to have a clean dry spot to change clothes before getting into my leather seats of my truck.:thumb:

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
You need to look very closely at the weight capacity on enclosed trailers. For example, the 32' Haulmark he has for sale only has a 5,000 pound capacity. Pretty worthless...

·
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul
3,217 Posts
buy in oh and you may be able to not pay sales tax.

·
There watching me! (.)(.)
11,461 Posts
Myself I wouldn't buy Pace, Haulmark, U.S. cargo. I've own them all and all of them fell apart. Just my .02

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
Myself I wouldn't buy Pace, Haulmark, U.S. cargo. I've own them all and all of them fell apart. Just my .02
One of the contractors I work with uses nothing but Wells Cargo, seem to last longer than the Pace, and Haulmark units he had before.

We bought a 20' Haulmark 3 years ago at work, dove tail, 9900lb axles, etc. Its pretty much junk now...altho' it does have about 30k miles on it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts