Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if any of you could help me out a little. I'm interested in going up to the Forest Island Trail with a couple of my buddies and our two jeeps. I have never really been off roading to much so I was wondering what the difficulty of the terrain is on those trails. We both have newer jeeps that are stock. I have visited the DNR website but it doesn't tell me how difficult the trails are. I live in the Chicago area and was looking for something I could do on weekends. If you have any suggestions or GPS routes they would be greatly appriciated. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
join a local group (club) and try to find some one with more experience then you. One mistake and you or your buddie could be hurt or killed. Just my two cents. A introduction post would be nice also to let us know about you and what you are driving with what type of equipment you have on it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's why I want to know what kind of terrain is up there. I won't be able to join a club and go on a ride this weekend and I don't want to get in over my head.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
That's why I want to know what kind of terrain is up there. I won't be able to join a club and go on a ride this weekend and I don't want to get in over my head.
I do not know the trail you might try sandals he lives that way? You can not find any info on the trail on line? Is it a park or just like a two track or what?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found it on the DNR website. It has a map but that's about it. I was hoping to go this weekend but I don't want to make the 5 hour drive if it's way over my head. I also don't want to go up there for a gravel road. I'm hoping it is between the two extremes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts