Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have all the parts to install an NP 435 behind a 429/460 or 351M/400. Everything but the clutch and transmission anyway. Both flywheels have been resurfaced and are ready to install. The 351M/400 flywheel was hit with a scotch brite disc to clean a little surface rust. The bell housing is for a 351M/400 but there is a spacer to make it fit a 429/460. The spacer is broken but it will still work that way because of where it is broken. I used it that way for two years behind a 429. Just had to install longer dowels in the block to go through the spacer. The z-bar has been reinforced, the link rod from the pedal has rod ends on it and is 1/2" diameter instead of 3/8", and the fork arm is also reinforced. The pivot bracket for the engine side is make from 1/4" angle. I had a pretty stiff clutch in it and didn't want to have any issues with anything bending. I also have the tunnel cover and the separator plate. The pedal assembly is from a 79. I believe it will only work with a 79 style brake booster, but I think you can swap brake pedals and make it work with any 73-79 truck. I never had any issues with the parts. They are all in good shape still. All the parts were behind a 400 for 10 years before I put the 429 in. You can mix and match whatever you need for the 429/460 or 351M/460. I would like to sell everything together, but I may entertain offers on individual pieces. I have other pictures of some of the parts. LMK if you need more info or pics. Looking for $200 obo for everything for one engine or the other. Call or text 1-989-390-1183 or PM.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Make me an offer on anything

Would like to get rid of this stuff. Tired of it in my garage. If you can use something make me an offer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts