Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Daggum XJ Fever
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you swap the stock '90 cherokee rear axle out with a full size ford 9" do you have to move the leafspring perches? or will they line up in the factory spot?

·
589 Fabrication
3,548 Posts
mine lined up almost perfect. the stock ford ones are about a 1/4-1/2" too far out but you can stretch the springs out to fit. I dont know if this is true for all 9"s but mine is a 78-79 f150 axle.

·
Daggum XJ Fever
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its got an aftermarket 4 link and dana 44 up front. it'll drop a spring on the ground right now so i think the front should be ok for now.:thumb:

·
589 Fabrication
3,548 Posts
look on ebay for a mini spool for the 9", i picked mine up for 12 bucks shipped to my door!
also while you have the 9" out put a drain plug in it so you dont have to remove the third member to change diff fluid.

·
Daggum XJ Fever
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
all i'm askin for is some adivise on suspension work. i know there's many things that can be done to save money when lifting an xj up to 6 inches. and swapping axles. im asking for some ways to cut the expenses down and still build a decent ride.
thanks

lets keep the pee out of the cereal. :teehee:

·
589 Fabrication
3,548 Posts
6"? what size tires are you planning on running? i have a rustys 3" lift on my xj with 35s and not that much trimming.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
all i'm askin for is some adivise on suspension work. i know there's many things that can be done to save money when lifting an xj up to 6 inches. and swapping axles. im asking for some ways to cut the expenses down and still build a decent ride.
thanks
Your thread title doesnt help you in the 'suspension advise' aspect. As leaf spring mounts is all one thinks of by looking at the title:poke: Im not pissing in cereal here :sonicjay: specifying tire size and what setup you are looking to run might help you more

·
No 4X4. :-(
455 Posts
im asking for some ways to cut the expenses down and still build a decent ride.
thanks
Strong Cheap Reliable

Pick two....:naughty:

What size tires are you planning to run?
What drive train is in the Cherokee?
What is the main use of the Jeep? (Street driven daily and wheeled weekends or strictly a wheeler?)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts