1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
N8KVB
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 31 spline Fozzy Locker (google it) for a Ford 8.8

Will fit Ford 80-96 Broncos/F-150s w/8.8, All Explorers

$20 or a case of Miller Lite

I will ship it if buyer pays for shipping.

A "fozzy locker" is along the same lines as a "Lincoln locker" where the spider gears are welded. The difference is that instead of welding the gears to the carrier or to each other, only selected voids in between the spider gears are filled in a “butterfly” pattern. In essence it allows some differentiation between the axles until the filled teeth on the spiders come into contact with the teeth on the side gears. How much differentiation depends on how many teeth are filled in the spiders.

This is useful for giving the axle just enough differentiation to allow some amount of turning before full lockup which helps to keep from squealing tires in parking lots, in tight turns, etc, and also somewhat reduces tire wear.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fozzy Locker

I am definatly interested! If you live in Monroe I have a friend that can pick it up. I can send the money ASAP, it's up to you.
THX:beerbang:

·
N8KVB
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Works for me!

Send me a PM with Contact info

I have a Brother heading down from MSU Tonight it might be possible to send them back with him on Monday

·
10 0011 10101
2,336 Posts
Huh. I didn't know that had it's own name. Cool! Bump for ya.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
a friend of ours did the same set up to his xj . It works very well and he has not had any problems with it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts