Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stagecoach stop is gone. For good. They closed it this weekend permanently. :(

it was a touristy type of place. But there was no other place like it in michigan.

Back to what you were doing.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Sad. Hadn't heard it was going out of business. I know the folks that run Port-to-Port will prbably retire in a few years. I'm hoping we can move back to michigan then and buy it. Can you imagine owning your own Putt Putt and batting cages?

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
went there tons when I was a kid. I also remember there used to be water slides out there too. my sister went there a couple years ago and said she heard it was not doing too well. totally sad as I was just thinking a few weeks ago about taking my daughter there.

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeppers. They closed right after the weekend. Kids don't seem to care about the wild west anymore. The same cat owns The Golden Nugget. That's staying open though. I don't really think it's going to go away forever though, maybe some sort of re-invention.

Randy's Roadside bbq kicks ass.

I've taken the kids to Port to Port a few times. They actually have an arcade. That's another place that you don't see very often.

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The waterslides have been gone for some time. Kelly's on the hill has been closed for a few years too. It was that bar across from the 2 towers at the old ski hill.

Kinda sad to see fun stuff like that go away.

The Irish Hills is just like being up north, without the drive.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
stagecoach stop was one of my favorites as a kid because of the old west/cowboy theme. My mom still has one of the wanted posters they did with me as an outlaw cowboy. all the neighborhood kids would go there during summer vacation it was a great day getaway.

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
didn't terry hanks own it, YOu know the Sundance guy

·
I got a gold chain
16,445 Posts
Wow thats to bad.
That was a favorite camping place for our family when I was a kid.
Never got to take my kids there.

Is the mystery spot, or what ever it was called, still there?

I remember they used to put a sign on your car bumper that said "I survived bla bla bla" It would always be there when you left the place.

Damn, that really sucks.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Wow thats to bad.
That was a favorite camping place for our family when I was a kid.
Never got to take my kids there.

Is the mystery spot, or what ever it was called, still there?

I remember they used to put a sign on your car bumper that said "I survived bla bla bla" It would always be there when you left the place.

Damn, that really sucks.
Pretty sure Mystery spot is gone. So is the Prehistoric Forest (a favorite of mine when I was a kid).

Still, there are some great lakes around there. Like Matt said, it's like a slice of Northern Michigan in your back yard.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I've got a Mystery Spot you can visit !!!! We were just through there last night on our way to Cabela's.

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
Randy's (the owner of Stagecoach Stop) brother owns the Nugget.

Next time I am over there I will see what's going on.

Almost everything over there has closed down. There just isn't the traffic over there that there used to be. The only busy weekends are when there are races at MIS and those people don't stop anywhere.

·
Your Message Here
5,856 Posts
Since when??? That would suck.
I've been there every year for the last 5 years.
UP Mystery Spot or US12/Irish Hills Mystery Spot?

I've been to both - PLUS the (now defunct?) Marblehead/Sandusky OH Mystery Spot (with convenient Prehistoric Forest next door).

·
Home Sweet Homicide
3,685 Posts
The Mystery Spot was still there and open on the 11th of August when we went by.

Went to one by my bro-in-law's in Roanoke VA.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts