Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know theres alot folks on this site like me who do alot of hunting and fishing in there free time.. Some of you are even over on MS.com quite a bit.. For those of you that arent, and havent heard yet, Fred Trost, former host of The Practical Sportsman and Michigan Out of Doors, Passed away this morning...Apparently he had been in a coma for several weeks due to Pneumonia and his family decided to let him move on...

I know alot of outdoorsmen who spent many a Thursday night watching his show years back...

He was a Pioneer for Michigan Sportsman who stood up for what he beleived regardless of what others thought..

RIP Fred.. Happy Hunting Brother!!

·
8,046 Posts
The doe pee guy.

He kind of got under my skin at times, but he did care about Michigans outdoor recreation and was one of the few to stand up to the DNR.

RIP Fred.

·
Get Some
4,226 Posts
wow i did not hear that. i use to watch his show all the time. he will be missed by a lot of local sportsmen

·
SlowBalt SS
2,493 Posts
RIP,
I remember watching his show on saturday afternoons as a kid. My uncle actually went to a Puppy Saturday or something like that and bought a Chocolate lab from Fred's son.

·
ASSHOLE
932 Posts
Thats just shitty, first Mort, now Fred. I hope the hot lil chick last's longer but gets replaced with a new hot lil chick in 5 yrs. etc...

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,274 Posts
met him a few times at tip up town
RIP

·
Tap Tap Splat
15,563 Posts
Wow, thats really too bad. I used to watch his show all the time. Pretty sure I met him at least a handful of times.
RIP.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I loved when Michigan Outdoors did "Big Buck Night" and showed all the nice bucks that had been taken around the state.

RIP Fred

1 - 20 of 22 Posts