Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I fix stuff!
13,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NO TRADES

Old Airco TIG welder with aluminum capablity $350.00. 220 single phase, liquid cooled torch. I'm not sure of the amperage but it's alot. Foot control will not work with the machine and I'm not sure why. Welder comes with complete wiring diagrams should you need them. I will put pics up tomorrow.

PM me for contact information.

·
I fix stuff!
13,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was playing around with this thing tonight. The foot controller works as far as turning the torch on and off but does not seem to control the amperage. The amperage can be controlled using the main controller on the welder.

I bought this thing from a relative because it is aluminum capable and he upgraded. He took off the side panels to investigate the foot control issues. I have everything for it with the exception of the nuts and bolts for the panels. When I got this welder about 1 1/2 years ago, I put a plug on it, turned the machine on to check it out, and did a shitload of nothing with it since then. Since I am moving out of my shop I and trying to liquidate some of my "projects".

·
I fix stuff!
13,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does it come with the pump and reservoir for the water cooled torch? Would it be available for pick up this saturday or sunday?

Jeramie
I have a pump and reservoir for this unit. It can be picked up this weekend. PM me for contact info. Move fast because I'm seriously thinking about keeping this bad boy.

·
I fix stuff!
13,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welder is no longer for sale. As I said earlier, this was a project. I started playing around with this thing and I found the problem with the amperage contol. Since this is no longer a project (that sat for a looooong time) but instead a functional machine, I'm going to keep it. Sorry to get your hopes up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.