Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Damn, I've been negligent again, have an almost finished longblock other than timing components, which are ridiculously expensive BTW.

Also picked up a 7.5mm Dieselmeken pump used, should be good for roughly 200 crank hp and maybe 275 ft/lbs, ridiculously hard to find dyno results on these engines stock or otherwise. Stock they seem to put out about 80 rwhp.

·
Gustafson
9,406 Posts
Wow! you really have gotten a lot done!

200hp and 275ft/lbs of torque will really make that 4 runner come alive!

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,528 Posts
Looking good. Any thoughts on what this will do for fuel economy once completed? I sometimes regret getting rid of my tdi powered grand cherokee project last year....

·
Gustafson
9,406 Posts
Looking good. Any thoughts on what this will do for fuel economy once completed? I sometimes regret getting rid of my tdi powered grand cherokee project last year....
Awww, I didn't realize you got rid of that. I remember that project, thought it was a pretty cool build.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
It's kind of all over the place again, I talk to people, they always seem to leave out some key piece of info. I'm hoping for mid 20's though.

4runner has 4.30's now, will be on 255/75r17's, so a 32" tire, and backed by an R150F, so it should cruise at 75 around 2600 rpm, just past the torque peak.

I would have done a TDI, I was searching for either, this one appeared first. TDI's are smaller and have more low hanging fruit in the power department, with this thing you upgrade the pump for 1400 bucks or drive around with 80rwhp lol. Getting the pump for 900 bucks was a nice score for me.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts