Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Gustafson
9,426 Posts
That is a bright blue! You will have no problem finding that in the winter in a snow covered parking lot.... :LOL:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So, 0 compression on cylinders 1, 3, and 4. 2 Shoots a pretty good little geyser of water out on every revolution.

So Friday I'm planning to go buy a donor car for an engine swap.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I've been on vacation for 2 weeks in the UP, but before we left I went and picked up this 84 300SD for the 5 cylinder turbodiesel engine.

I have to do all my work outside, so I'm in a bit of a bind to get this thing down to the house and get the engine out before it's too cold to deal with trying to drive it off my bare grass lot. I'll pull a few of the parts, and scrap the rest, over the winter I'll modify the brackets and oil pan to drop in in the spring (that probably won't happen, but that's the plan lol).

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Pulled the engine today. For some reason it's ridiculously hard to give away a free car for scrap, so I guess I'll rent another trailer and scrap it myself Monday.

Had one guy show up in an S10 without a trailer, seemed surprised he couldn't drive it home... Another wanted to ask me fifty questions... I would have preferred to not deal with it, but I guess I will.

BTW, I cut, literally everything, engine was out in an hour lol.

·
Registered
134 Posts
all in good time. be great experience when rolling. ill be following along. laugh with you along the way. just remember its all nuts and bolts.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I have the engine on a stand now, I bought a fancy rotating one from Jegs since this thing is surprisingly heavy.

No smoking gun on the knocking/tapping sound, even though I pulled the rod caps, all seems to be well.

Going to clean it up, rebuild the injectors, delete the vacuum pump, and put it back together.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts