Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

161 - 180 of 283 Posts

·
Durango-space-division
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #166 (Edited)
Of course I tried to hit bounty. Didn't hit it hard because I don't have a cage. Made it about half way up going slow.

Took it out this past weekend and to the reject run. I have some more work to do for sure, but damn is it fun.

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
3,886 Posts
Fat man in a little rig! When you get stuck to you just get out, pick up the back end, and pull it out of the Michigan pot hole you got stuck in?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Durango-space-division
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Fat man in a little rig! When you get stuck to you just get out, pick up the back end, and pull it out of the Michigan pot hole you got stuck in?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Actually that is how I've gotten it unstuck 3 times now. 3 people can pick up the front without strain and move it off whatever it's stuck on. Lol

·
Durango-space-division
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #169

Went to R&V yesterday. Made it up the rock wall obstacle, just testing the limits of the rig. Dumbass me still hasn't trimmed the u-bolts so I bent one.

Can anyone explain the micelis sign out by the playground? Lol

·
Durango-space-division
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #170

Just about ready to go to RBOR. Made a little platform out of wood to hold my cooler above the gas tank and added a badly welded harness bar. I'm kinda bummed I can't race because of my back.

·
Durango-space-division
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
I also added up the total cost of the whole build including the geo tracker donor. I am $1190 Into it so far including consumables

·
Durango-space-division
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Not too bad. Needs rear shocks and I still need to put in the front Locker, and finish the half high steer to correct the bump steer. Oh, and I need skid plates. I haven't broken anything yet, which is a plus.

·
Durango-space-division
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Kind of....... Pretty extreme angle, they cant be doing much, but I am sure they are better than not having them at all.

Nice work on the budget!
They made a crazily huge difference actually. They are far too long for the application so that is as close as I could get to vertical without going through the floor.

·
Durango-space-division
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
So my trip out to RBOR at r&v Saturday was a ton of fun.
I made it up the new reorganized big ugly, and made it up the rock wall obstacle in the gravel pit.

And I sunk it.

161 - 180 of 283 Posts