Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason I can't remember the other publication out there that prices cars besides KBB.

I had my car stolen a week ago and it was recovered and I am trying to find out the suggested retail value from a couple of sources.

Thanks

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,266 Posts
was AJ near by?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Happened at work a week ago. They found it in Ann Arbor Sunday.
Probably totaled

Attachments

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,017 Posts
If they total it(as long as the motor and trans are still good) I would buy it back from them, doesn't look too bad.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Both front/rear quaters are smashed. The driver door is tweaked. We assume they hit another car with it then drove off in the other car. The only reason we know this is because they found my car on the side of the road with white body panels next to it and glass everywhere. The insurance company total it $6,700.00 in damages. Now they are of course trying to give me less than market value.
LOVE INSURANCE COMPANYS!
Pay them to F__K you later.
My car was was very clean. Interior was perfect. And the body was clean.
The only thing I can do to appeal is I have to get an appraisal and they have to get one then we each pay half on a third party appraisal. 2 of 3 have to agree on the price.
What I want to know is how do we agree on a 3rd party. I am assuming they will give me a list of who they approve of. (conflict of interest)
So I am sure I will come out on the short end.
The only thing they told me is that if the appraisal was less than my orig offer that they will pay out the orig offer.

·
Blowd up
6,335 Posts
What you need to do is start finding similar cars (same year, similar miles, similar options and condition) to replace it and take that data to them. They will honor it after some haggling. I believe someone here had a nice write up on how it all works with the insurance companies not too long ago.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well
Here is how State Farm handles their thefts and recovery.
Basically they look at NADA guides from "Buisness to Buisness". From there they get there "fair market value". They give you your price and if you disagree then you have to go down the appraisal route.
The price you get online from NADA doesn't mean anything. That website is updated 3 time a year and is not regional. It is the avg across the states

Just FYI as I am dealing with these guys right now.
I have my appraisal but we to an agreement on the third party appraiser.

FuN

·
<3's Ridin' Dirty
2,868 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts