Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Desert Rat
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice house with shop big enough for 27‘ boat. Two driveway, next to Memphis schools.

· Desert Rat
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! It should sell quick. Houses don't stick around long these days.
It fits a nitch. Perfect for a single parent with a 25’ boat. The best parts are the veranda, and the shop, but that’s just me. People say they love it but wish it was on an acre or two outs of town. Yeah, no shit. It’s in town next to a school, that’s why I moved.
I found a great agent. Not just good or “good enough”, he is outstanding! He has full reign of terror and is working it like it is his only listing.
That being said, I have two good offers. One is 1k over my asking price, so there is that. We will see what shakes out. Once again, “playing poker with my life”.

· Gustafson
10,843 Posts
We had a house across the street from us go up for sale Friday. They listed it at $335,000 and my wife and both said they'll never get that for it.... Well despite needing a roof, needing a paint job outside, needing carpet and paint inside, it sold in 2 days.... I'm curious what it went for.

· Registered
10,413 Posts
We had a house across the street from us go up for sale Friday. They listed it at $335,000 and my wife and both said they'll never get that for it.... Well despite needing a roof, needing a paint job outside, needing carpet and paint inside, it sold in 2 days.... I'm curious what it went for.
Probably above asking price. Try Zillow and put in the address. On Zillow it usually shows what it last sold for. it might take a day or two to update. Worth a try

· Gustafson
10,843 Posts
Probably above asking price. Try Zillow and put in the address. On Zillow it usually shows what it last sold for. it might take a day or two to update. Worth a try
The only thing there right now is what the original owner paid for it in 2002 when it was built. I'll check again in a few days.

· Desert Rat
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And the third buyer got it.
the second buyer offered “$1000 over asking or best offer”, I thought he had it.

when you list a house “for sale by owner” agent from all around want to list your house. I had agents from Monroe, Novi, and Jackson calling wanting me to list with them. They are working off the presumption that they can sit on it and let the buyers agent do the leg work for them. They show up to put the lockbox on then they just collect the commission.

enter Dan Lovell, an agent out of Yale. He worked it like a “one legged stripper at Bisco’s”. I will gloss over the details, but he earned every bit of his commission. The propertit’s were good, it was my situation that made it difficult.
He got the condo and the house sold, which without him, I am pretty sure I was screwed.
He is “The Man”. The Real Estate Man.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.