Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Gustafson
9,999 Posts
Looking for branches that are located in Clarkston and/or Auburn Hills. Anybody a member of Genisys ?
Yes I am. I was with USA CU before Genisys bough them out. I have had great service from them.

·
Because racecar
4,041 Posts
Chase is another company that can lick my sack. I went $.38 over my limit. They charged me $40 and the raised my rate to 29.99%. I payed the balance, called them, laughed at them, and then canceled my card and opened a new one.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,463 Posts
I was a member of Clarkston-Brandon Credit Union from when I was 16 until my mid-30s. They were great, but I finally moved to another credit union more local to me.

http://www.cbccu.org/

I even stayed with them while I lived in Germany for 18 months instead of using NBD's ex-pat setup that my work tried to sell me on. I had much better service through CBCCU than my co-worker who had the NBD setup.

I'd highly recommend them.

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
Oakland County CU?

Isnt there a new branch right by your house?
yeah, it's just down the road from him up kiddy corner from Outback Steakhouse.

For what it's worth, Genysis also bought out T&C if I recall correctly, and has been expanding like crazy. They are also part of the CU network, like Oakland County CU so it's fairly transparent doing business via an ATM Card at any of them. (there's a Genisys branch seemingly on every corner - and in fact just down the road a bit more at Dixie north of white lake road

Genysis probably has better online services than Oakland County's CU

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Chase can lick my sack before I'll deposit any additional money with them anytime soon. My wife and I had over 6 figures in a money market account there and earned something like a whopping $3.84 in interest last quarter. We have since moved most of that to other accounts and some CDs but we will not close the account altogether. If you have any significant money in some accounts there you get charged nothing in fees for just about anything each year... they just happen to have awful rates for any of their savings products.

If you went to MSU or OU you can join the Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (they might have some other criteria under which you could join too). They have a branch in Auburn Hills near Walton and Squirrel. I've been a member with them since 2001 and have had great service the entire time.

While they only have one actual branch in the region there are a few service centers around that you can do many of your transactions at and you can also withdraw and deposit at most other credit union ATMs without any fees (including Genisys, Michigan Schools and Government, and Oakland County Credit Unions).

One of my favorite things about MSUFCU is that if I make a deposit at an ATM with a check, it is all available right away - of course, if you are out there kiting checks, that might get you in trouble...

42,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I :sonicjay:'d at this thread after all the sunshine CC blew up my ass about opening a Chase account for the Leisure Rewards perks.
It changed RIGHT after I recommended them. It used to be:

spend $10,000 = $100 amazon gift card

now it's

spend $12,500 = $100 amazon gift card.

I have not used my chase leisure rewards card after they "raped" me into their new program. They even destroyed my perks with my old chase rewards credit card when they gave me this gay ass sapphire card that they act like it is so awesome.

I'm amex only now. Of course I have to buy bs items on all my cards once every couple months to keep the cards in good standing. Capital One canceled me two weeks ago for a card I've had with them since 1999, all because I didn't use it for 8 months. And they won't reinstate it.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
I was a member of the USA credit union across from the silverdome (I work more or less next door..), and they were always very good to me. They were absorbed by Genesys, I haven't had an account with them since the change. I'll be opening new accounts with them soon, though.

·
Retired double dipper
984 Posts
I've been what is now Genisys for several years.
Both money market and interest checking there.
They offer long term CDs for as little as $500, which are perfect for
birthday gifts for my grandchildren.
They have great online banking services.
You can even do scanned check/ immediate deposits from your home computer now.
Open Saturdays 9- noon.

I also belong to Oakland County CU.
Their savings rates are slightly higher.
They are not open on Saturdays.

They both are good.

·
Registered
710 Posts
i am with genisys i havent had a problem
my direct deposit works great no issues with the online banking
and there are new locations are sprouting up every where

·
Im going FAST!!!
3,810 Posts
I have genisys...I have never had a problem with them and I would recomend switching to a C.U. F--k the big banks.

·
BigBri
466 Posts
I was with T&C Fed CU for almost 15 years then Genisys took them over still get the same great service. Their interest rates are great on loans and when you deal with them its usually on a more personal level not just another number like in the big corporate banks. Can't say their savings and checking interest rates are the best though but fees are near non-existant.

·
Motrcytman's spouse
7,208 Posts
I love Genisys. Been a member for almost 20 years.

Still use them as our primary bank down here in Alabama. Probably will change to one in the state, but I have been very happpy with them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts