Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is someone working on there car at my apartment complex with a large pool of coolant running out from underneath it.

I saw this person drive into the spot, and do whatever the hell they're doing to their car.

Anyone know the number to call to report assholes like this?

·
I own @ halo
1,128 Posts
1-800-424-8802. It's the national response center. You are also supposed to call 911 to report spills but I don't normally recommend that. Call the NRC, they will notify DEQ, EPA, etc. Also look up PEAS, it's michigans spill notification center but I don't know the number off hand.

·
I own @ halo
1,128 Posts
Do you happen to know anything about him? His apartment number? A brief description of the car perhaps? You should still call the NRC so at least DEQ knows about it.

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got off the NRC phone number. The guy took a very detailed report, even including ambient air temperature and wind speed/direction.

I got the car's license plate number and the report is getting passed onto the EPA.

·
I own @ halo
1,128 Posts
don't expect a response from anyone except a thank you for your call, and maybe a "I'll fill out a report"
You'd be surprised. The receptionist/dispatcher will take a report. They will send out the notification, it will go to michigan epa, deq, uscg, local fire, and a few other agencies. The coast guard will check if it's anywhere near a tributary (sp?) and then duke it out with the deq over whose jurisdiction it actually lies in and either the coast guard or deq should respond. If it's the coast guards jurisdiction, someone will at least go look at it and see what they see/try to collect info. If it's the DEQ it depends on what kind of a mood Earl Friese is in whether or not he will respond.

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You'd be surprised. The receptionist/dispatcher will take a report. They will send out the notification, it will go to michigan epa, deq, uscg, local fire, and a few other agencies. The coast guard will check if it's anywhere near a tributary (sp?) and then duke it out with the deq over whose jurisdiction it actually lies in and either the coast guard or deq should respond. If it's the coast guards jurisdiction, someone will at least go look at it and see what they see/try to collect info. If it's the DEQ it depends on what kind of a mood Earl Friese is is whether or not he will respond.
I was on the phone for almost 10 minutes. I almost burnt my damn burgers!

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
don't expect a response from anyone except a thank you for your call, and maybe a "I'll fill out a report"

Bull crap DEQ will do some thing about it! they are anal and blow stuff out of proportion:miff:

thats how animals die slow and painfully

Me I would take pics Clean it up and give the police a plate # next time you see the car

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
So you wouldn't do anything if someone drained a bunch of coolant right in front of your house?
someone was telling me something about a township that actually wanted them to put coolant down the drain - something to do with helping maintain the sewers (obviously, hooked to city)....

But IMO, if the guy had a drain pan and caught most of it, I wouldn't call.....you cannot do a coolant flush (pulling lower hose) without spilling some

If there is 5 gallons on the ground, that's a diff story

1 - 20 of 37 Posts