Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my WJ has never sat as high as other one's. and I think it's been sinking lately, (i dont think the towing, and hauling heavy crap helps either)
So I'm thinking of doing a nice mild 2" lift.

I dont plan on bigger tires (have 255's now) as the current ones are lose to rubbing when towing.

Any feedback on GOOD riding lifts? Thats the most important part is ride quality at this point.

My first feeling is OME has i've heard great about them, but i was wanting more personal advice :)

·
Premium Member
10,939 Posts
For a WJ I guess it wouldn't be that bad to even do a BDS or something else. I don't think you need to worry about a rear track bar. So go with 3"s, it's just springs and shocks, and maybe an adjustable trac bar for the front.

My goal (since I already have the BB) is get the OME springs and shocks (but shocks for a 3-4" lift), and keep my BB. But I will have to get adjustable trackbars. But right now that is fine by me. I LOVE the comforts of my ZJ, and the more I drive my CJ to the trails and around, I think I could be real happy running 33's on the ZJ and wheeling that for a long while (and get ride of the CJ and buy my Street Glide :d:).

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well, with my POS '99 WJ, my favorite lift is the one at my local mechanics shop.

·
GVSU Jeeper
1,352 Posts
OME IS WAY OVER PRICED!!!

I run KOR 4" SA and it rides like crap... but I don't care.

If you want it to ride well you need to go with LA's for the front.

IRO for cheap, Claytons for big $$$ but best quality.

AND becuase I am a photo whore: My WJ @ 4" and 32's

·
Premium Member
10,939 Posts
I don't think OME is overpriced, it was fair compared to RE and Skyjacker and a couple others I priced out. I just happen to find the right vendor, I'll see if I still have it bookmarked.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
my advice would be to not go with rro.

·
GVSU Jeeper
1,352 Posts
Oh yea BTW... all the pics of ZJ's and WJ's on their web site are stolen pics and none of them actaully feture there lifts. My Jeep was on there for a time and I have never even bought ANYTHING from RR. Also the Jeep that shows there 4" lift has 6" lift on it, it is a JU member that never bought anything from RR.

Moral of the story... RR sucks at customer service and they lie.

·
GVSU Jeeper
1,352 Posts
Also they brag about srpings giving such an awesome ride when any idiot knows it is CA angles that really impact the ride the most. Springs and shocks just inhance it.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok, who else do i buy the OME kit from :)

I really have liked the OME lifts i've ridden in, and i'm not too worried about CA angles, as i'm only really putting it stock upcountry ride height.

·
GVSU Jeeper
1,352 Posts
ok, who else do i buy the OME kit from :)

I really have liked the OME lifts i've ridden in, and i'm not too worried about CA angles, as i'm only really putting it stock upcountry ride height.

[email protected]

Nick is a great vendor that specailizes in GC's. He knows a ton and has good prices.

He is a vendor on JF, MC ect.

·
GVSU Jeeper
1,352 Posts
Oh, and I would not buy the OME "KIT" just the OME springs paired with nicer mono-tube shocks. The OME shocks are really pricy for a twin-tube design.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts