Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was younger, my father used to watch a lot of old movies. At the time I usually hated them, but now that Im older I find myself drawn to the movies of my youth. My favs right now are The Fighting Seabee's, Mr. Roberts, The Green Berets, McLintock!, Hellfighters, Bullet, The Great Escape, and The Good, the bad, and the ugly.

What are your favorite old movies, pre 1975

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Its a Wonderfull life.

Shirly Temple Movies I watched as a child, again with my daughter and now with my grandaughters.

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,272 Posts
its a mad mad mad mad world

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
debbie does dallas

·
comeback kid
946 Posts
OOo the great escape is such a classic!

haha wizard of oz

The Sting

casablanca

it's a wonderful life

·
comeback kid
946 Posts
hehe miffy i agree. i really liked shirley temple when she was really young. totally adorable. i went through a phase where i wanted curly hair sooo bad! hahahha but knowing my luck i'd turn out like little orphan annie

·
Registered
140 Posts
High plains drifter, Fist full of dollars, and for a few Dollars more. You can't beat Clint Eastwood.....that dude can kick some major ass. But you can't forget about Paul Newman, Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid (one of the great westerns) OHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Man I forgot about James Dean...."Rebel Without a Cause"(a movie that was way ahead of it's time if you ask me), "East of Eden"...... Man All I watch is old movies. In my opinion it is pretty hard to find a good movie made after 1979. That does not mean there aren't good movie that came out of the 80's,90's, and 2000+, just that all the real good stories and plots came out of the 60's and 70's. That is my .02

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
High plains drifter, Fist full of dollars, and for a few Dollars more. You can't beat Clint Eastwood.....that dude can kick some major ass. But you can't forget about Paul Newman, Cool Hand Luke,
x2

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
the cross of iron (James Coburn was great)
hell is for heroes (steve mcqueen)
von ryans express
kelly's heroes
outlaw josey wales or any clint western
anything with vincent price

1 - 20 of 39 Posts