Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Big Belly Customs
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 250lbs and have been thinking of of getting a bike again.
My plan is to ride trails the dunes on rare occasion and maybe make it street legal.
Will a 250F sufficiently haul my disgusting fatbody around or shall i steer more towards a 450F?
I don't plan to break any speed records just want a 2 wheeler again and am curious.

· Registered
434 Posts
You shouldnt have any issues if you are just casually riding. May need to get stiffer fork springs and rear shock spring to be happy suspension wise. Alot of other people will probably suggest a 450, but it seems everyone thinks you need a 450 to ride fast these days.

· The Violator
5,070 Posts
You shouldnt have any issues if you are just casually riding. May need to get stiffer fork springs and rear shock spring to be happy suspension wise. Alot of other people will probably suggest a 450, but it seems everyone thinks you need a 450 to ride fast these days.
I owned a yz250f for a few years, and the only change I made was moving up to 200lb springs. Made the world a difference. I'm 230lbs. The 250 was very comfortable. I didn't feel the same on buddies 450f.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.