Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I can levitate!
9,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know someone that is selling Filter Queens. Of course he is trying to suck me into letting him give me a demo. I am sure they are nice, but from what I have seen, they look like a shop vac. I cant see where the $3000 price tag comes from..!?!? Anyone have any experience with them? Are they all they are supposed to be? I have heard about another brand Rainbow? Worth the money or a huge scam?

P.S. I dont care if they cure the HIV I am not buying one.

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
I know someone that is selling Filter Queens. Of course he is trying to suck me into letting him give me a demo. I am sure they are nice, but from what I have seen, they look like a shop vac. I cant see where the $3000 price tag comes from..!?!? Anyone have any experience with them? Are they all they are supposed to be? I have heard about another brand Rainbow? Worth the money or a huge scam?

P.S. I dont care if they cure the HIV I am not buying one.
Doesn't sound like the vaccuum is working that well.

My Vacuum clogged with dog hair this weekend, I had to take it apart and un clog it. Worked like a charm after that. Though for a minute I was considering spending some big money.

·
Im Rick James Bitch
1,461 Posts
I bought a rainbow 4 years ago for $1800:eek:. My great grandma had a rainbow for 35 years and It got passed down to my sister. They do nice work but If I went back I would have held out for a Dyson.:sonicjay:

·
In too deep
2,385 Posts
I bought a top of the line kenmore with a 4 year warrantee and it does great until it breaks, then I go to flint and they fix it for free.

Using the hand power unit to clean all the dog hair off the stairs works great until the motor burns out. I'm on my third one in 2 1/2 years. They just hand me a new one.

I just melted the bearing in the beater bar on the main power head. So I have to make a trip to flint again.

I think all the hair is killing them, my wife, 2 daughters, 2 dogs and a cat all shed too much. I know they can't blame me since their the ones that made me bald.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
I bought a rainbow 4 years ago for $1800:eek:. My great grandma had a rainbow for 35 years and It got passed down to my sister. They do nice work but If I went back I would have held out for a Dyson.:sonicjay:
My parents bought a Dyson and it is a POS. My mom had the Hoover fixed and uses that again.

·
Motrcytman's spouse
7,208 Posts
We have a filter queen, it works every time, without fail and never gives us a bit of trouble.

We use to get a hoover every year prior to the filter queen. We probably have had it for about 15 + years.

Once you have one, it will work forever. How hard on you on vacuums? If you use one a lot and it doesn't seem to do a good job, consider the Filterqueen...but I'd shop around first...that seems like a lot of $$...Ours wasn't that expensive.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I dated a girl called "Hoover" once......never had a problem.
Probably would have if I had married her though.........

·
Brush Yo Teeth!
1,737 Posts
Dysons are nice. Staright foward and easy to acess everything. They have made them very user freindly. A lady I do maintnence for owns 4 Dysons for her several buisness, she has abused them for over 3 years now. Just clean the filter ever 6 months and these go forever!

·
Fancy Lady
3,211 Posts
Only on GL4x4 will you find men with this much to say about vacuum cleaners :sonicjay:

The house keeper likes our vacuum I think, but I don't know what kind it is. I never use it.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
if you want to test out a vacuums durability let us use it. we spent endless cash on high dollar units that kept breaking. we have all hardwood and still they kept breaking. finally we bought a cheap $50 eureka and it outlasted everything, even sucking up the drywall dust from the bathroom remodel 5 years later the plastic wheels broke but still vacummed like a dream.

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,001 Posts
a little while ago, we had an in house demo of a new Kirby vacume. The vacume was awesome, performed wonderfully. However i almost shit myself when the guy said we could buy 1 for the low price of $2000 bucks!!!:eek: My first truck cost less than that.

·
Semper Fidelis
4,541 Posts
I have a Dyson. Everytime I empty the collection tank I see all the crap it sucks, and I am impressed even more.

My Dyson really sucks. Sucks good.

·
done haulin
1,327 Posts
My mom just got a filter queen on ebay for $300.00 or so and it was in really good shape.

·
Registered
289 Posts
My sister has a Kirby. She vacuums about 3 times a day and has to have it rebuilt/refurbished every year at around $100 a pop.

I currently have a Dyson, it has worked great for the last 2 years. It takes some getting used to with that ball though.

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
If you want an excellent Vacuum buy a Mile they are German it will run you about $1200 for a canister with the power head but well worth the money. If you want something less spendy buy a Simplicity they run about $800 for an upright.

Always remember do not buy a Vacuum from a Door to door sales guy
and
You Get what you pay for spend $80-$100 every year or so or spend $600+ for a 20 year machine

1 - 20 of 29 Posts