Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
When in Rome...
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I really want to get a guard/bumper like this rather quickly.

It seems rather simple, but not a lot is as it seems! How much do you think something like that would run for my truck? Better off, is there anyone on this forum who knows how to build these in/around Michigan that would?!

PM me or post here with any help. Thanks. :afro:

·
Yooper In Training
7,261 Posts
I think JCR Offroad is over your way and they could definitely do that

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
We can build it for sure... is there any chance we can make it less ugly though?
.........probably not......................after seeing what you did to Craigs tug.:sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:
you had that Tug for how many days, and it still came back ugly:tonka: (of course that was probably do to the type of rig verses your welding)

·
5,820 Posts
We can build it for sure... is there any chance we can make it less ugly though?
just out of curiousity, what do you have in mind to clean it up?

I was thinking another tube on the bottom of the top one but not spanning all the way across. making it come back up on the ends at about a 30* just barely enough to cover up the white and then to trim off the corners of the body so it blends nicely without being too wide. then filling the gap between the 2 with expanded metal but the style with round 1/2-3/4" holes, stainless......

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
JCR Offroad rocks! :rock: I have had them do a handful of things for my Jeep projects. Their welds are real purty, too. :thumb: Click on the CJ-10a link in my sig for some pics of the most recent work I had them do.

I heard Fabricator is good, too (although I don't have any personal experience with his work).

Craig

1 - 14 of 14 Posts