Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Nice videos @NightKrawler this event is always a blast! I may have not had the greatest finish this year or last but spectating and learning new boundaries as to what my Jeep is capable of is well worth the event entry fee. Thanks to Jacob and twisted trails for such an awesome event!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Nice videos @NightKrawler this event is always a blast! I may have not had the greatest finish this year or last but spectating and learning new boundaries as to what my Jeep is capable of is well worth the event entry fee. Thanks to Jacob and twisted trails for such an awesome event!

Jake, that's an awesome attitude and I feel the same way. more seat time and getting use to a rig will allow for more fun :thumb:

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Jake, that's an awesome attitude and I feel the same way. more seat time and getting use to a rig will allow for more fun :thumb:
My Jeep even tho is very capable is no where near the level of a buggy. So I compete as more of a challenge to myself to see how hard I can push myself and my rig. Wheeling in any form is enjoyable to me.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
My Jeep even tho is very capable is no where near the level of a buggy. So I compete as more of a challenge to myself to see how hard I can push myself and my rig. Wheeling in any form is enjoyable to me.

and I agree again :thumb: I do the same. while I might have a very capable rig, I still like to challenge myself since I'm competitive and know there are better drivers out there. wheelin is definitely fun!!! :rock:

·
Balls Deep
4,551 Posts
I was bummed to not be able to race this year because I blew up the buggay the previous weekend, but I just enjoy being out there and in it whatever way possible. Spotting for Shawn kept me in the race so to speak, which was nice.

Always good to see you out there Jake. Always figuring the best lines for your rig and using the features you have to do the best you can. I love it. You railed some nice front digs, when everyone else was backing up making five point turns.

I sure hope to be back in the drivers seat next year. Even if I fall off race pace and start crawling instead of bouncing, It's still a good time and helps me push myself. I'm a leisurely crawler at heart so to speak, but love the competitive and pushing aspects of racing.

·
KOH Jackhammer
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
@Toyfish @1TFROT and @busyfixin ...yep yep and yep. I'm not going to quote you but just say I agree. :beerbang:

I would like to reiterate a big thanks to all the hard work Jacob did in putting on this great event. :rock:

Good timing on having it the same weekend as the jeep blessing too. Makes for more spectators.

And since this is a picture thread I'll make sure and include a picture in my post. :thumb:

·
KOH Jackhammer
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Video from DuneTV

At the 33:55 mark you can catch AJ making the spin/turn at the top of the log hill. When I was running over there all I caught was him ricocheting off of the tree. Sweet to see in person but too fast for me to catch on video :(. Hopefully DuneTV will have the angle from the bottom of the hill too in a future video.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts