Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Brian R.
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a disc brake 8.8 out of a Exploder for my Bronco2 but was wondering about master cylinder problems when going from drums to disc. I know alot of the Jeep guys are using them also and a few B2 and Ranger guys here,so did anything have to be changed as far as the master,booster,p-valve?

·
Brian R.
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool,thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
well........hold that thought a second, ive researched this topic for months on dezert rangers and there is a very knowledgable guy that has a bronco II that did change his...you can run the disc brake with your current setup but if you were to change out the master cylinder you would get even better braking power out of it....the stroke of the cylinder is a little bit longer as i found out when i swapped my 97 ranger 7.5 for the 8.8

·
Brian R.
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did he just use a Ex master?

·
We Like it Loud
353 Posts
The deal with the masters is that there are 2 different types used in RBV's. Mainly boiling down to those with RABS and those with out. I believe that it is a direct swap for you to change from a non-RABS unit to a RABS unit. However your breaking should be sufficient. On my Ranger, I am running a 31 spline 8.8 with disks, I had RABS and I have enough breaking power to lock up 35x12.50's on dry pavement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts