Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I own @ halo
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three days ago I ordered a replacement part for a bike trailer I got for free so I could tote my son around. Anyway somehow 2 days later fedex tries to deliver said part but I guess in-step wants a customer signature for whatever reason so I got a door tag to sign for a later delivery and normally that would be that. I really wanted to get the part so I could get this ball rolling and start my fat ass on a workout routine, so I call fedex and ask if there is anyway I can pick up the part directly from them instead of them bringing it out on monday. The customer service woman checks their hours and tells me it may be possible depending on how far away I live since they close at 6 and it was 5:40, I said I wouldn't be able to make it since I live 40min away at best without traffic. She asks me to hold and says she'll call the specific facility to verify there hours. Sure enough they close at 6 but the guy she got on the line had to work late so he said if I could get there by 7:30 I could sign for it and get my package. I got there and picked it up without a hitch and got home in time to get it installed and take my son for his first ride behind daddy's bicycle.

Short story long, I am very pleased with how they handled everything I felt that they were very professional and curteous.

Rosie out.

·
Praise the lowered
2,962 Posts
Had the same experience.Waiting on a part to put my dirt bike together,suppose to be here on Friday,leaving Friday after work to go riding,can't wait any longer,call the dispatch #,they locate the delivery truck,tell me where he, is drive to meet the guy,sign and go!Whew.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yea.. I usually just put a note on the door saying to please leave the package on the porch... Even if I have to sign for it they will still do it. I've seen UPS sign the delivery for me as "porch" or "front door" (you can check the signature online when you track it).

-Brandon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts