Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and have it not turn out how you hoped?

I have never personally made fish or crab cakes/patties. I have eaten plenty and watched them be made tons. I followed the recipe and when I was done I ate them and they just weren't what I hoped.

In Jacksonville I ate at Benny's and had a Crab sandwich. It had a nice slaw topping and was delicious. I tried to replicate it and failed miserably.:(

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
Yes..

I have come to the realization that I CAN NOT bake properly.

Wayyyyyyy too much measuring involved.

I am a cook, and everything is pretty much to taste. Very little actual measuring.

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I too haven't the patience for baking accept apple pies. I love em, and very particular to how sweet they are, so I bake them myself.

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
my wife made backstraps yesterday for dinner, I finished them up at lunch. very good in a light gravey with onions and green pepper.

my worst was something with ground turkey that didn't smell good when done and tasted worse.

my wifes worst was her tofu recipes...just bad.

·
likes him some Red Dog
2,268 Posts
I LOVE cooking. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't though :d:

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
I too haven't the patience for baking accept apple pies. I love em, and very particular to how sweet they are, so I bake them myself.
Apple pies are like cooking, except for the crust. I can do the inside part, but I'm buying pre-made crusts.

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
If I could make a decent crust, I would make some pasties. My grandmother made the worlds best pasties.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
If I could make a decent crust, I would make some pasties. My grandmother made the worlds best pasties.
id like to contest that statement...MY grandmother also makes great ones. haha. Ive tried, but failed miserably. She only makes them once a year because of how long it takes (homemade everything, crust and all).

offtopic:
There is a small pasty place in an Industrial park in A2 that makes fresh ones daily for pretty cheap..Im gonna have to look them up and see if theye are still there - thanks for reminding me. haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts