Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Direct Drive FTW
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to get rid of this stuff.

Engines

I have a 76 Buick 455. This is the best high nickle block to build. This motor is the low compression 455. I have video of this running.
Great start to a build up or parts.
I would like $300 for this engine.

I have a 68 Cadillac 472. This is also a high nickle Block. This is a high compression motor making around 500ft/lbs stock. I have a few goodies that go along with this. Re curved Hei(not installed), New oil pump(not installed), Flywheel($380 through cad co), pilot bushing for sm465 (installed), Very thick trans adapter($150 through cad co), Lakewood bell opened up to accept sm465, and block protector that came with the Lakewood bell.
I recommend going through and adding new bearings, cam, and rings at the very least. I was told it had around 72k when pulled. I have the intake off and the cam looks to have flat spots. I have the accessories off except for the water pump.
This would make a great engine to build or you could put it together and run it. I was going to send it off to a shop before running it. But, that is me.

I would like $700 for the 472 and all the goodies including the lakewood bell/flywheel etc.
$300 without the flywheel/adapter/bell, block protector

I will sell both engines for $500 (Both for $900 if you want the 472 with all the goodies)

Transfer Case's

Custom SCS reverser case.(single speed transfer case)

I had SCS build me a one off case that reverses direction and gives a .75/1 ratio. I told them to make it accept 5000ft/lbs input torque as it is designed to be placed behind a Aux transmission.
It is simple just one input shaft turning a gear that turns the other gear the other direction with two output shafts. This has a port to spray the gears keeping them cool using a pump through a filter. The entire housing is aluminum with a easy to separate face. This thing is heavy and made of heavy duty materials. It is a extremely simple setup and is made to take abuse.

I paid around $5200. I would like $3800 and will accept trades around that amount. This has never been ran.

Herm the overdrive guy built sm465,dana18, Terra low, twin sticked, with overdrive setup. This was meant to be ran in a passenger side jeep cj-5. But, it will fit many other passenger side drop models. I had Herm throw everything he could into the transfer case. I can't remember what I paid think around $2500(not including shipping). I am sure I would use this later on. But, I would take $1800 or a trade worth the equivalent. This has never been ran.

Axles

I have some 5 ton "bridge" axles. These are what Adam of Adams offroad runs in his bronco. These have larger shafts then normal 5 tons with more splines, they also have locking diffs.

I have the steer, the inner with inner axle disconnect, and the rear. All 4 of the air disconnects should be ran through because someone at some point picked them up with a chain and damaged them. It is a simple air cylinder or could be switched to cable operation if wanted.

These have 5.81 ratio and use half round 1710 u joints.
These axles will accept any common 5 ton ratio if you wanted to go lower.

I have these sitting on 4x4's 3 high in a box pattern to keep the diff off the ground that could be picked up with forks easily. I was going to disassemble these axles on these bases and have no other way to move them.

Bring something out that could pick these axles up, load them on your trailer and you can have them for $2500. Might take 2 trips or 2 trailers.

These axles would be great under any miltary rig or mud truck. You could spend $3000 on lockers and shafts trying to upgrade a normal 5 tons or smaller axles and still spend more then what I am asking.

I will also take the equivalent of $2500 in trades for the axles.

Trades:

Looking for a rear engine sand rail/baja bug. Something street legal or could be made street legal. Needs to run, drive, stop. Not looking for a project. Something I could jump in and take for a Sunday drive or out to the dunes.

Also looking for a Peterbuilt 375 style cab and doors. I will accept a 379 without the sleeper. But would like a 375. I am going to chop it and maybe section it. But, I need to start with a good solid cab, doors, and as much stuff inside the cab as you are willing to part with. I need a title for the cab.

Also looking for aluminum dually rims/tires. Something aftermarket that will bolt to my pre 86 14 bolts with the 8x6.5 pattern without any spacers or other junk. Looking for tires with good tread that can be used to tow and daily drive smaller then 33" tall.

Running/driving Pre 70's car/trucks and anything that could be considered a "classic" hot rod will be considered also.

Please PM me with any questions or to set up a time for pickup.

Thank you.

·
Direct Drive FTW
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More

350 SBC Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake. Some holes elongated. Worked great, sealed great. (engine lift not included) $50

Edelbrock Thunder AVS 650 w/electric choke.
Couple backfires and carbon buildup over the 9 month lifespan. May want to play with the choke as it was acting up. It is a $350 carb new.
But, it is used so $125.

·
Direct Drive FTW
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump

·
Direct Drive FTW
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump

·