Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way home from picking up the camper tonight my engine temp went a little crazy. Drop to about 135, then to 100, then back to the 210 line. Kept acting eradically the whole 30 miles home. Temperature was fine until then, been running with no problems. Please see pics:

I did work on the heep today and here is what was done;

1) Oil change
2) rotate tires
3) topped off coolant
4) change AC liquid line

Is this as simple as the temperature sensor? Or is the water pump on its way out, etc?

I appreciate the help as always!

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
1,658 Posts
Jumping around like that I'd be looking into the wire coming off the temp sensor. If it looks fine, replace the sensor, they don't cost much.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Where you towing the capmer at the time? If so, I wouldn't worry about it, you where just working the engine harder than normal.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would also change the thermostat.
Yep, just did that and now the damn thing is leaking like a siv (sp?) I better not have to put going off up north an extra day :stan3:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I would guess you got an air-lock in there. When you topped off the coolant - How did you do it? Some of the newer vehicles have a bleed-off valve on the thermostat housing.

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
Yep, just did that and now the damn thing is leaking like a siv (sp?) I better not have to put going off up north an extra day :stan3:
Uh, i would guess that is ur problem. Its an air tight system, and having a leak is not good. Air pockets will cause problems like u mentioned.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Uh, i would guess that is ur problem. Its an air tight system, and having a leak is not good. Air pockets will cause problems like u mentioned.

got it all fixed up. Got a bad gasket from Napa. It is all better now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts