Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im torn between a few engines Vrs cost swap. I can get a 5.7 tbi, LT1, 5.3, and a 6.0 all chevy engines . I can get all the engines and wiiring at close to the same cost.
Im wondering about cost of install per chosen engine. What swap would be the most cost afective for a swap?

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Depends on the drivetrain. If the motor cost is comparable for all, then the effectiveness lies in whether they will blow up what you put them in front of, how much money it costs to adapt them to what they are in front of, or how much it costs to put something worthwhile behind them.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
It would be nice to know what you are swapping into, intended use, etc...

Or are you just swapping them around in your back yard. :poke:

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
How come nobody wants to swap in ford engines?

A 4.6L V8 would be potent in a jeep!
All aluminum bay-bee!

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
OooooOOOOOoooooooOOoooOoOoOoOOo!!!!!11!!!!!!11110n3!11!!!!!

I would run at least two of them, with the cranks welded together, then. :thumb:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its going into a 95 YJ Dana44 f/r 5.38 gears, spool/ detroit a 231 case with 4.1 gears. SOA 1.5re springs and 37 inch boggers and many other bs thingy dodas.........

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,451 Posts
Fred, my guess is that for what you are wanting to do, the LT1 is a bit much. Any one of the others will work. At some point, extra hp just means dealing with extra heat & breaking stuff.

I have run an old style 350, vortec 5.7 and now a 6.0 in my jeep. For the type of wheeling you do, any one of them will do the job.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Fred, my guess is that for what you are wanting to do, the LT1 is a bit much. Any one of the others will work. At some point, extra hp just means dealing with extra heat & breaking stuff.

I have run an old style 350, vortec 5.7 and now a 6.0 in my jeep. For the type of wheeling you do, any one of them will do the job.
Huh? So you are saying the LT1 > 6.0

The 6.0 makes about 100 more HP. Hell they put the LT1 in the Buick Roadmaster, which BTW is one hell of a car for drifting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts