Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a year ago my daughter and I came to an agreement. No boy friends and she gets any vehicle she wants. Without a pause she said, " short bed Chevy". Lol
So here it is......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,992 Posts
Lucky dad lol

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Cool. Subscribed. Yes, my girls (ages 15 and 12 1/2) have their own Jeep Cherokee builds. If I can get them motivated to work on them instead of playing on their iPads/iPods, the might actually get to drive them someday.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess we will just find out. Our family has been wheeling together for years, hope it has rubbed off on her.
We did clean it out after five years of sitting in a make shift carport. Looks much better without all of the I.C.P stickers and Arizon strip club parking passes. Lol
After the final cleaning this weekend we will continue the project at Jay Fab Offroad.

·
gas, grass, and ass
2,814 Posts
Looks good! Lucky her to have a dad with all of the knowledge on how to do this stuff and she's interested too.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seven Faygo bottles and a Faygo sticker on the bumper, lol. I'll get a pic later, we will keep that one. The bed had a dozen Mountain Dew bottles.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Seven Faygo bottles and a Faygo sticker on the bumper, lol. I'll get a pic later, we will keep that one. The bed had a dozen Mountain Dew bottles.
They should be diet faygo bottles lol.
My son and I are going to start his build early next year. Will be good bonding time for sure, plus he'll be learning how to fix his own shit instead of letting someone else cobble it together for an outlandish price.
My daughter wants basically the same truck as your daughter's, but white.

What are the plans for the truck? Imo a b52 kit from diy4x for the front, and a 63" spring swap out back with some nice 2.5" smooth body fox's or saw's would make this thing ride and drive like a dream for her. Ls swap is a great choice as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Going to keep the current lift but six the rear blocks and use the ORD shackle reversal kit in place of it. Other than that complete steering upgrades and new shocks. I think the current kit is around a 4" or more. Lots of room for the 35s under it now. She's thinking of painting it two tone light blue and white. Gray interior.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So the previous owner was not an audiofile. He did this to the dash! Guess I need an inner dash as well. Looks like it simply bolts in so hopefully we can just swap it out. Anyone have one???

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts