Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
I think what motorslut was pointing out is skip ebay, buy for less at harbor frieght. If it is for shit return it.

·
N8KVB
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright thanks, for the price i think i'll risk it. $30 shipped for 2 10# spools is a deal i can't possibly pass up. That less than half the cost of one 10# spool of the shelf at almost any store.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hobart wire and tips are made by miller aren't they? I'm set up for flux core too, until I get a garage finished to get out of the wind.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Does that me the quality is less? It still has to pass ASTM standards doesn't it?
That's where I get all of my wire from. I have every size in 10# or 30# spools and the stuff works great. i have never had a feed or binding issue with it and it welds consistently. I bought a bunch a year ago when it was on sale. I got a 10# spool of .035 flux core for $35. Local places wanted $70- 100 for the same thing. There's only 2 stores that carry welding supplies up here Fastenal, and the local welding shop which is 20 miles away.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
haha, bought some goggles off them when I was drunk ebayin one night. You dont remember doin it then its like christmas a few days later:beer:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts