Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I wanted to give all 40 of my accounts a Trust and Safety heads up and refresher.
First of all there is a new policy that is going to be announce some time today that effect fire arms, please be aware of this policy even if you do not normally sell any weapon related material.
Second I have an update on medical devices.
And lastly I looked over what policy issues came up most often while I was away on sabbatical and would like to proactively prevent future warnings so I have gone over the policies for these areas.

Items purchased on eBay may have been used in the tragedy at Virginia Tech in April 2007, we felt that revisiting our policies was not only necessary, but the right thing to do. We will be updating our Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy to place more restrictions around gun-related items. Once these changes take effect, we will prohibit listings of any firearm part that is required for the firing of a gun. This includes items like bullet tips, brass casings and shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, trigger assemblies, etc.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
they know cars kill people too right?

·
Geocache Addict
1,462 Posts
I am glad I bought my breech bolt slide for my shotgun in December so I could fix my shotgun. Too bad some ruin it for the rest of us. eBay was great for fixing my deer slayer.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
go ride your jeep off a cliff

My family does a lot of gun related business on ebay so this really doesn't do me any good.
my heart bleeds. weapons of any kind shouldn't be allowed to be sold anonymously like this. gun shows aren't much better, but at the very least you can at least get a gander at the buyer and maybe decide not to sell out of a hunch. perhaps if there was a government mechanism for identity confirmation or background check pre-approval I would think it could be alright though.

·
I carry a shank
4,543 Posts
my heart bleeds. weapons of any kind shouldn't be allowed to be sold anonymously like this. gun shows aren't much better, but at the very least you can at least get a gander at the buyer and maybe decide not to sell out of a hunch. perhaps if there was a government mechanism for identity confirmation or background check pre-approval I would think it could be alright though.
I've been shot at twice in the line of duty. Both times were previously convicted felons who should have already been in jail, shooting guns that they were illegally in possession of. One of the guns was a stolen firearm. I am not afraid of a normal citizen with a gun, in fact, I welcome it.

eBay is fucking stupid. Typical California assholes, IMO. One ****** shoots up a school and the only ones who will really be punished are the law abiding people. The criminal will get the "tools" he needs for his carnage one way or the other. So the good guys get disarmed by the liberal idiots and the bad guys still do their deeds. Not smart. Fuck eBay!

·
Your Message Here
5,857 Posts
Despite the crap that the media and Mikey Moore are selling, gun show purchases have to follow all of the same rules as an in-store purchase. Requirements, that btw, require a federal identity check. While said identity check is not the strongest, suggest a better way.

Selling a spring / pin / part is not the same as selling a weapon. They have no magic powers, bad aura, or intent of any kind. They're inanimate objects.

More meaningless gesture politics for the "feel good" crowd.

·
Premium Member
42,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been shot at twice in the line of duty. Both times were previously convicted felons who should have already been in jail, shooting guns that they were illegally in possession of. One of the guns was a stolen firearm. I am not afraid of a normal citizen with a gun, in fact, I welcome it.

eBay is fucking stupid. Typical California assholes, IMO. One ****** shoots up a school and the only ones who will really be punished are the law abiding people. The criminal will get the "tools" he needs for his carnage one way or the other. So the good guys get disarmed by the liberal idiots and the bad guys still do their deeds. Not smart. Fuck eBay!
How come every cop I know feels this way, yet you never hear about it when gun laws are being discussed?

And your 2nd paragraph sums up my feelings 100%.

·
There watching me! (.)(.)
11,461 Posts
great one idiot fucks it up for the rest of us...
Yep, all it takes is one.

go ride your jeep off a cliff

My family does a lot of gun related business on ebay so this really doesn't do me any good.

Same here, not awhole lot.

Well said!

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
You can't buy guns on eBay. Just parts for guns... but not anymore.

·
There watching me! (.)(.)
11,461 Posts
yeah, and you couldn't buy bombs either, but could buy the instructions on making them and all the ingredients to make them with. eBay is not the means through which this should be allowed IMO.
I think I get it. Kinda like selling a computer that works fine. Then someone like yourself who seems ok and then you put the two together, all of it becomes one big fucking asshole! Thanks:thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.