Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not a fan of the factory EB44 lower tie rod because of the center link hole being 2 close to the center. Ive been looking for this but no results..a lower tie rod with the center link at the end like what 78-79 bronco's use? Im thinking my best bet is to narrow a 78-79 tie rod if nothing is available.

·
bought a Jeep
3,250 Posts
its not the ideal way to do things but you could also use your TTB steering For temp purposes. im using the long half of my ttb steering for my drag link on my Full with 44.

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im thinking about getting 1 ton steering made by Parts Mike to save some hassles and get it done how i want it

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its not the ideal way to do things but you could also use your TTB steering For temp purposes. im using the long half of my ttb steering for my drag link on my Full with 44.
i may do that for short time. Are you just gonna chop half the Ranger drag link and weld it to the Bronco drag link? Just saying cuz i dont think the Bronco tie rod is the same taper.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ream the knuckles for different tre's. Chevy 1 ton stuff is cheap and you can get it all from autozone. There is a write-up somewhere on how to do it.

Welding drag links together is not a good idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts