Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tap Tap Splat
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new pair of boots for work. Ive had a pair of Bates for the last 4 years, and they have been great, I would buy another pair in a heartbeat, but it appears that they no longer make the same model.
Anyone have any recommendations for duty boots? I dont need water-proof, or high gloss, or insulation, but they MUST be black. I have an average width foot. 6" or 8" would be great.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I am still wearing Bates that I got at sears. Best boot I have ever worn for comfort. What do you need for height? There enforcer line is what I like with 8 in uppers.

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
Danner strikers OC Swat issue.. Have worn them daily for 4 years are they are still good.

Bad guys, beware. The NEW Striker™ II uniform boot series is here. The Striker™ Side-Zip II all-leather GTX non-metallic toe offers superior Danner durability without the weight. The TERRA FORCE™ X Lite performance platform is constructed for ultimate stability and support. A GORE-TEX® liner offers the ultimate in breathable, waterproof protection. This sleek, full-grain leather boot provides a convenient side-zipper for easy entry and exit. The Pro-Tec™ non-metallic toe meets ASTM standard certification. The feature rich Striker™ Side-Zip II uniform boot keeps the good guys on their feet.

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
x2 on the 511 tactical. I got a pair at the end of summer and they have been great. They seem to be holding up well, they are comfortable, warm, and very waterproof.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.