Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 4" lift and a spring over with a d30 and a 8.8 What should my driveline angles be? I also have a sye.

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Vehicle type, motor/trans/t-case (length), etc. will also need to be defined to answer this (not by me, mind you, but by the tech gurus here). and the rest of the web wheelers

Craig

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
yes the lift kit came with new springs. And then I did the spring over.
IIRC, this is a YJ?

I think the best way to do this would be to mock it up with the perches bolted in, rotate your pinion, tack weld the perches, then remove the axle for full welding. People typically say a couple degrees (like 2-5°) below the TC output to account for spring wrap.

You may have some additional drivability issues in the front regarding caster after you set the pinion angle since you have so much lift. If end up having to grind the knuckle yokes loose to reset caster and possibly rotate the coil pads, you may want to consider doing all this work to a stronger axle. Have you sunk much $ into the D30 yet?

·
Registered
687 Posts
IIRC, this is a YJ?

I think the best way to do this would be to mock it up with the perches bolted in, rotate your pinion, tack weld the perches, then remove the axle for full welding. People typically say a couple degrees (like 2-5°) below the TC output to account for spring wrap.
I say ALL this....and you'll be fine!:thumb:

Here's mine....just broke in then SOA

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
With 4" lift springs and SOA your going to be at about 20+ degrees. But the only way to know for sure is to do it how PP said. 2 deg below the tcase output flange.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts