Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a guy yesterday who obviously was not from this country stop and look at my car. I asked if he wanted to take it for a drive and he said sure, then he jumped in the passenger seat.

I asked if he wanted to drive, he said no no no. I don't know how to drive a stick shift. I thought, well, why are you looking at my car then? He said he would have to have his friend teach him.

I really don't care if he doesn't know how to drive a stick, just buy my damn car.

Come to think of it, he may have been from Nigeria. Hope he doesn't try to scam me.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
Yea, no kidding. I hope you dont get a call from your wife saying the car isnt in the garage. :tonka:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
The Green Machine
4,197 Posts
Thats the best way to learn how to drive one. If thats all you have, you will learn pretty quickly to drive it.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats the best way to learn how to drive one. If thats all you have, you will learn pretty quickly to drive it.
That is how I learned. My first vehicle was a stick. Although, riding motorcycles and quads helps a lot in learning how to drive a stick. Same principles.

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
That kind of surprises me actually, I thought in the majority of foreign countries, most drive stick. From what I've heard the US was know as the one that is obsessed with automatic transmissions. I've come across people around here before that are like what is manual?

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
My first car (actually a truck...) was a stick too. After studying my dads feet for so many years I really had no problem with it whatsoever.. I would practice driving it around the block when no one was home. :tonka:

And the fact the truck was given to me by my bro and i had no other option, I knew I had to master it.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think everybody should know how to drive a stick. Just in case something happens and you have to drive one.

·
Get Some
4,226 Posts
thats kind of funny, but i guess if you own it he would learn to drive it right away.

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
thats kind of funny, but i guess if you own it he would learn to drive it right away.
Thats really funny you say that because my dad has a story like that when he bought his first Duster. After he bought it the Dealer asked him if he knew how to drive stick. He responded I get the general idea, I'll figure it out on the drive home. :sonicjay: Said he only stalled it twice.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
sticks are great if you have to commute to the ghetto. nobody down there can drive a stick, nor will your ride get stolen because it's a stick. sticks are great and way better in ice and snow than an auto. I learned how to drive stick from a GF who had a stick and for every good shift I got to veiw a passenger with less clothing......oh yeah.....at that moment I felt as though I could row the gears on that thing circling indy :)

·
hicktown
2,433 Posts
i lurnd on our old farm truck that thing was a tank aww the good old days when we milked cows

·
Custom User Title
8,287 Posts
I think everybody should know how to drive a stick. Just in case something happens and you have to drive one.
That is what I keep telling my wife. My car and YJ are both sticks and she refuses to learn how to drive a manual. I am hypoglycemic and deathly allergic to bees, so she needs to know ICE.

I'd prefer a stick anyway. Slapshifting an auto just isn't cool to impress your friends with.
I prefer one as well.

i lurnd on our old farm truck that thing was a tank aww the good old days when we milked cows
The good ole days? Aren't you like 15? So the good ole days was 2001?

·
hicktown
2,433 Posts
i'm 19 and last year into this spring we sold the milk cows so like 05 -06 were good and we lurned erly how to drive like when i was 12so 7 years ago

·
The Boss
2,828 Posts
in college my car died.. i was in Nashville.. had to get home had little money. bought a 400 dollar subaru wagon manual trans from a little mexican dealer and had never driven a stick before. i had a fun time learning by myself in rush hour but if you HAVE to do it you will learn. had the car for a couple years and it still ran fine when i got rid of it with like 260K miles on it! haha.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts