Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
fordf250man
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know any legal areas to go wheeling in downriver, monroe area? i used to go on my buddies land but they are selling it, need a new place to go, i heard about heiss rd, i was told it is a legal rd to be on, has anyone been there?

·
aka Langford
1,268 Posts
I heard a lot of the guys in the Carhartt Clan talk about Old Heiss Road back in highschool, but never made it out there myself. I think it is/was just a seasonal road that got REALLY bad at times, but I'm not 100% sure.

But other than that, I don't know of anything really. Bundy Hill is probably the closest real park, only about an hour and a half or so from B-town.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Thanks for looking into the LEGAL places to wheel it really does make a difference in the public eye.

·
NINJA DEALER
2,618 Posts
if you live in brownstown then you must know where BMS is..

right behind there between sibley and king is where i go
Brownstown Middle School is not a legal wheeling area. My property backs up to that area. There are people back there all the time, but it is not legal at all. Please do not promote trespassing, especially in my backyard. :fish:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Brownstown Middle School is not a legal wheeling area. My property backs up to that area. There are people back there all the time, but it is not legal at all. Please do not promote trespassing, especially in my backyard. :fish:
Yup. Pretty much across the street from me. Stay out of there, there is a hefty fine.

I have heard from quite a few people that the property next to glen's auto on southbound telegraph, south of eureka is legal. Not that it is a designated wheeling area, but I talked to some neighbors and they said they are never bothered by it. I also heard someone spoke with Taylor Police and they gave them the okay to be back there. I would stay out of there unless you knew for sure though.

·
missmrgreenagain
21,342 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I have heard from quite a few people that the property next to glen's auto on southbound telegraph, south of eureka is legal. Not that it is a designated wheeling area, but I talked to some neighbors and they said they are never bothered by it. I also heard someone spoke with Taylor Police and they gave them the okay to be back there. I would stay out of there unless you knew for sure though.
ive ben back there millions of times , its not realy a place for trucks but more for quads and dirt bikes , not sure if it is legal or not but i know on more than 1 occasion that the cops have seen me pull out of there with my truck dirty as hell and my quad in the back and i have never been stopped ,., very cool place for quads and dirt bikes thow

·
jeep life
4,489 Posts
Yup. Pretty much across the street from me. Stay out of there, there is a hefty fine.

i will go out there with you pm me number

·
Registered
298 Posts
it looks like your profile pic is taken back there.
haha no. Never took my jeep back there. That was at Martinsville hill before I found out that you shouldn't be back there either.

I'm done going somewhere that my buddy's cousin's stepdad's friend knows the guy that owns the place.

I like riding and tooling around on my property anyways. No need to go tear up other peoples land.

·
chikun n bizcuits..
332 Posts
never been to old heiss rd n im not sure if its a legal muddin road but some of my friends have talked about going there n i guess it can get pretty bad with huge ruts sometimes

·
fordf250man
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
heiss is technically legal when in season but the farmer is sick of people driving on his land, so anytime people are out there he calls the police and then you get a nice fine, dont go onto heiss rd. i no there is a spot by the mall in monroe but i thinks its private property

·
chikun n bizcuits..
332 Posts
yea i been back by the mall spot n u dont wana go there cuz the police are watchin it alot more than before ive seen many ppl get in trouble there

·
Car Ram Rod!
368 Posts
bundy is a great place! theres aton of trails and people are freiendly. I go there alot, and really like the place. Trails for everything from beginer to rock krawlers...:woot:

·
"cant worry about it"
302 Posts
haha no. Never took my jeep back there. That was at Martinsville hill before I found out that you shouldn't be back there either.

I'm done going somewhere that my buddy's cousin's stepdad's friend knows the guy that owns the place.

I like riding and tooling around on my property anyways. No need to go tear up other peoples land.
ya they got martinsville hill blocked off now. check about all 5 entrances and there all pilled high with stumps and dirt. used to be my favorite place:(

·
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
8,589 Posts
if there is signs posted Off Road Area find out more about it from the owners or person who runs that area if its ok to wheel there, if its not marked its not Legal at all stay off.

Just because you see some Property with trails on it don't mean it's legal for everyone to wheel on.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts