Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know anything about Torrents and stuff? Or god programs/sites to download TV shows. I am wanting to download Entourage.

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Until you have a great share ratio, then they download faster then anything else.
Same applies to everything else. If there are tons of sources and no leachers, yea, anything is fast. Shit it take forever to DL a movie on a torrent, much faster on a P2P but harder to find good copies on the P2P.

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
Same applies to everything else. If there are tons of sources and no leachers, yea, anything is fast. Shit it take forever to DL a movie on a torrent, much faster on a P2P but harder to find good copies on the P2P.
I downloaded a 1GB copy of something just released in 1.5hrs. Not always that good but you get lucky every now and again.

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
Havent experienced that yet with Azureus.
When it comes down to it, the program is basically ease of use. You can change settings in each program, and it still wont change the fact of the following. the slow download speeds come into play with your internet provider, the size of the torrent, and the amount of seeders vs. leachers.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
When it comes down to it, the program is basically ease of use. You can change settings in each program, and it still wont change the fact of the following. the slow download speeds come into play with your internet provider, the size of the torrent, and the amount of seeders vs. leachers.
Azuerus has an option to ban IP's and shows you the perfoamance of the persons DL or UL. I BAN the low performers so I get only fast connections - yes - my cable DL is peeked.

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
Azuerus has an option to ban IP's and shows you the perfoamance of the persons DL or UL. I BAN the low performers so I get only fast connections - yes - my cable DL is peeked.
I don't block the IP's I just optimized the connections so only takes and gives to users with certain performance. I usually turn it on before I go to bed and turn it off in the morning.

Here is a useful article I came across awhile back about how to not get busted for file sharing. :tonka:
http://www.zeropaid.com/news/8824/Tips+on+how+to+not+get+busted+for+file-sharing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts