Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanna get together with a GPS unit hooked to a computer, and start making an inventory/map of all the legal trails on the west side of the state?

I have found legal seasonal roads/trails that are not on the maps/gps, and then roads and trails that are on the maps/gps, but dont exist in real life (and some dont look like they EVER existed.)

Just an idea I had today while out exploring...

·
Get off my lawn.
3,692 Posts
It might be easier to use google maps or something to locate them and show them to others.

You just reminded me that I have a laptop with a GPS program on it laying around the house somewhere...

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
The Two Trackers along with help from other clubs and private individuals has been in the process of doing this for a few years. Part of the reason is to catalog trails that are being closed and to use for info to try and get them reopened in the future. Also to aid in the fight to stop closures in the future. Pat Brower aka Trail_Fanatic is the one spearheading this. If you would like to get involved and help or have any trails logged that you would like to make sure we have cataloged contact him.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Two Trackers along with help from other clubs and private individuals has been in the process of doing this for a few years. Part of the reason is to catalog trails that are being closed and to use for info to try and get them reopened in the future. Also to aid in the fight to stop closures in the future. Pat Brower aka Trail_Fanatic is the one spearheading this. If you would like to get involved and help or have any trails logged that you would like to make sure we have cataloged contact him.
Thanks! I will have to contact him.

My idea was to catalog trails and produce easy to read maps that are available to the public to help cut down on people driving down trails not knowing that they are actually illegal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts