Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Extraordinarily Ordinary
16,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WZZM) -- Grand Rapids Police who responded to a complaint of teenagers breaking windows with snowballs fatally shot a pit bull that officers say was sent to attack them.
Police say they chased two teenagers Tuesday night to a home on Rose Street after a complaint of broken windows from snowballs on nearby Buchanan Avenue. The teens went inside the home and refused to come out.
Police say the dog was let out of the house and its owner ordered it to attack. Officers fired roughly a dozen shots at the dog as it charged them.
Police say an officer, the dog's owner and another person were treated for minor injuries from dog bites.
The dog's owner and the teens were arrested. Charges are expected, including malicious destruction of property against the teens.

:sonicjay:

·
Registered
825 Posts
WoodTV has what appears to be a more detailed article. That is a nasty neighborhood.

"GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - A snowball fight resulted in police officers fatally shooting a pit bull.

Grand Rapids police officers were dispatched Tuesday night to an area near Buchanan Avenue and Rose Street SW after snowballs thrown by two teenagers at vehicles broke a windshield.

Officers arrived and one of the teens ran from the scene. Officers followed his footprints to his home in the 100 block of Rose Street.

Police talked to two men who were standing in the driveway of this residence.

One of the men pushed an officer and was arrested.

A pit bull inside the residence was let outside.

The dog then attacked the two men and one of the officers.

The dog then charged two other officers who fired 13 rounds from their guns. A bullet hit and killed the dog.

The dog owner was not home at the time, and police said Animal Control will determine if charges will be filed."

·
Sexy and I know it.
888 Posts
Sooooo 13 rounds fired at the dog and A bullet is all that hit and killed the dog? I would sure hope trained Officers are a better shot than 1 out of 13.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Hope they stick them all with animal cruelty to maximum extent to. Poor dog (keep your anti pit bull bull shit to yourself). Although it was probably only a matter of time with owners like them.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2

·
Supreme Chancelor!
2,303 Posts
Poor dog, it was only doing what it was trained to do. I hope they bring those officers up on cruelty charges.

·
Livin the American Dream
3,826 Posts
When I worked i detroit a house i routinely visited always had a pit it the backyard which belonged to the neighbor. I would always ask her to keep it off of our property. She claimed it was her house because she lived next to it and it was vacant. The next time i went to the property she let the dog out of the front door to attack me. I drew, shot and killed the dog. I instantly called the police. Beleive it or not the lady went apeshit. She was pissed that I killed her dog. The police arrived, cleared me and arrested her. She was charged with felony attempted assault with a weapon and prosecuted.

·
locally famous
3,264 Posts
When I worked i detroit a house i routinely visited always had a pit it the backyard which belonged to the neighbor. I would always ask her to keep it off of our property. She claimed it was her house because she lived next to it and it was vacant. The next time i went to the property she let the dog out of the front door to attack me. I drew, shot and killed the dog. I instantly called the police. Beleive it or not the lady went apeshit. She was pissed that I killed her dog. The police arrived, cleared me and arrested her. She was charged with felony attempted assault with a weapon and prosecuted.
:woot:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
When I read the Title of this thread, before I read the story, I figured it was about dog the bounty hunter. And he was dead, and his posse was in jail. I'll admit I'm a little disappointed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts